Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 28-03-20, 04:53 PM
OC3D Elite

It's silent, so we had it longer than we realised I reckon.

I had something in January that wouldn't shift. Which was unusual, because since giving up smoking cigs I can shift any cold pretty darn quick now.

Either way I self isolate any way, and have for ten years. I mean yeah, I can't go hopping taxis atm and my mother needs help but not much has changed for me.

I will miss going out on my bike, but I have plenty that need full restoration and the garden is still within limits

Old 01-04-20, 09:04 PM
OC3D Elite

Eating pizza-pasta now. It is surprisingly good. I was going to make pizza, but for the love or money, I couldn't find yeast in any shape or form anywhere. There was plenty of flour of all the different kinds like people weren't stockpiling everything, but no yeast. No yeast in 4 different stores. Wtf???

Also, there were only 2 bottles of ketchup left in the supermarket. Why da fck do you need 15 liters of ketchup? Toilet paper I can understand, but man people are going dumber by the second, and they weren't that much bright to start with.
Old 01-04-20, 09:18 PM
OC3D Elite

People are making bread. Just think, all of those unused lonely breadmakers are now out in force lmao.

Old 01-04-20, 09:39 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
People are making bread. Just think, all of those unused lonely breadmakers are now out in force lmao.
It must be that they stockpiled flour, sugar, oil, toothpaste and of course toilet paper in the first stampede. Just grab everything that you can carry. Now everything is sort of calm, there are no shortages. Yes, there is still a police curfew, and you should minimize outside time, but stores don't look like in Walking Dead. And suddenly they realized after 3 weeks: "OMG I have 36 kg of flour and no yeast OMG! OMG! PANIC!!! I must stockpile yeast now."

I really don't understand why can't you buy food for a week or two just like in normal weekend shopping?
Old 01-04-20, 09:42 PM
OC3D Elite

And thousands of tons of food end up in the ground.

There's a name for it you know. Survival of the thickest.

Old 01-04-20, 09:56 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
And thousands of tons of food end up in the ground.

There's a name for it you know. Survival of the thickest.
No, it is not. It is blatant stupidity. There is no apocalypse. There is no food shortage. Many regions of the World are recovering. Stampeding like Americans on Black Friday can only infect more people.

Most of them would probably die out in the case of the actual apocalypse as soon as their stocks run out because they wouldn't know how to make more yeast from the one that they already have.

Give the man a fish he will eat for a day. Teach him fishing and he will eat for the rest of his life.
Old 01-04-20, 11:33 PM
OC3D Elite

The yeast shortage is widely reported to be because of people turning to baking out of boredom/having lots of free time. I don't think anyone is stockpiling yeast as a survival tactic.
Old 02-04-20, 12:51 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
No, it is not. It is blatant stupidity. There is no apocalypse. There is no food shortage. Many regions of the World are recovering. Stampeding like Americans on Black Friday can only infect more people.

Most of them would probably die out in the case of the actual apocalypse as soon as their stocks run out because they wouldn't know how to make more yeast from the one that they already have.

Give the man a fish he will eat for a day. Teach him fishing and he will eat for the rest of his life.
I don't think you understood what I said. Thick in the UK means stupid.

Old 02-04-20, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Thick in the UK means stupid.
Well it's now being reported that some provinces in China are reopening/have already reopened the very same wet markets responsible for the current COVID-19 crisis.

Now I'm not an unintelligent person and I'm told I have an above average creative use of expletives but IF true...

It beggars both words and belief!?!

(Maybe machine gunning the persons responsible in front of their families might bring home the f*cking message somewhat??)
Old 02-04-20, 05:49 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23RO_UK View Post
Well it's now being reported that some provinces in China are reopening/have already reopened the very same wet markets responsible for the current COVID-19 crisis.

Now I'm not an unintelligent person and I'm told I have an above average creative use of expletives but IF true...

It beggars both words and belief!?!

(Maybe machine gunning the persons responsible in front of their families might bring home the f*cking message somewhat??)

My aunt worked in China a few decades ago for a fair while and she learned that life in China doesn't carry anywhere near as much value as it does in western countries, It has nothing to do with population size, It's the mindset, Life doesn't mean much so machine gunning down the people responsible wouldn't do a thing, They'd still carry on doing it afterwards.

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk