Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > YouTube Forum

Old 19-02-18, 12:14 PM

How to become a successful YouTuber?

I am looking at all those successful YouTubers and I am wondering how are they doing it? How do you captivate your audience's attention and are able to make that much money? I don't get it...
What are the tips that will make you successful on the platform?

Old 19-02-18, 12:24 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by creme_ View Post
I am looking at all those successful YouTubers and I am wondering how are they doing it? How do you captivate your audience's attention and are able to make that much money? I don't get it...
What are the tips that will make you successful on the platform?
Well I suppose if you are someone like pewdiepie or Logan<ilostmymoney>Paul, you cater for the stupidity in the world today and socialites obsessed with youtube, facebook etc.

I say that in a non envious way. It is just how I see it. I tried watching a video from Pewdiepie once. I literally though it was aimed at 10year olds, it was just such low IQ, flavoured random nonsense... yet people tune in regardless.

Linustechtips is another example where, he has enslaved himself to any form of sponsor willing to pay him for his 2min speed chat promoting random products during his videos. Content is sometimes good and intriguing but it's marred by these ridiculous sponsorship breaks. It can't be helped I suppose, he's obligated under contract.

It's all about finding that niche community and capitalising on it. Some find success just blogging their daily life, and someone out there will find it interesting. Once your name is strong enough to spread by word of mouth, well, I guess you can YT almost anything as long as it falls under the rules.
Old 19-02-18, 05:50 PM
OC3D Elite

Just copy a video from trending and make the title and thumbnail extra clickbaity and include "pg family friendly" in the description and achieve instant success.

Old 20-02-18, 09:07 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadShadow View Post
Just copy a video from trending and make the title and thumbnail extra clickbaity and include "pg family friendly" in the description and achieve instant success.
Or add some busty woman in a provocative position as the thumbnail and get extra EXTRA clickbaity.
Old 20-02-18, 09:20 AM
The Guvnor

'that much money'

If you do it for that the you wont last long.

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 20-02-18, 09:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Listen to TTL. Unless you get over 1 million subs and average over 500K views per video, it's not a get rich business. The people watching will know if you are there just for the money. You have to have a passion for what ever you are working on. It also does not happen overnight. Unless you happen to get lucky and get a viral video that is posted on a major news agency, you might spend 4 years just building a 50K sub base. It takes a long time.

You have to be consistent with content uploads.
Be frequent with content uploads.
Don't be in it for the money.
Don't copy other peoples work.
Get on all social media platforms and network. That is one of the biggest keys to all of it. You have to make yourself know and recognizable. Get your name mentioned, get on a video with someone else that has a large following. Back when I used to stream, that helped a lot.

One thing I forgot. You need to be ready to spend money to make money. Giveaways are a huge draw for views on any platform. You don't need to spend a lot. You can pick up one of those cheap steam 5 key packs and do giveaways with those.
AMD R7 1800X-Asus Crosshair VI Hero-16GB GSkill 3200mhz-Corsair HX1000-XSPC Raystorm Copper Edition-Dual D5 Pumps-Corsair Force 3 SSD-Sapphire Fury X2-Corsair 900D-Windows 10 Pro-Dell U3011-Dell 2007FP
Old 27-02-18, 07:56 AM

I am not saying that I want in for the money! Of course not, I don't want to be fake and pretend to be someone I am not! That won't get me anywhere. I just want to get to the level they are at and maybe create a strategy which will help me out. I think that these days YouTube is filled with people that want to make it so bad that they are not original. A good example is the current calling out YouTubers and have a boxing fight. But it is so hard to create a trend, that no one thought about yet.
I genuinely don't know! I've looked through a few articles but they all state the same things: thumbnail, title, content, connection with the audience and of course some tips on how to monetize your videos. However, none of them suggested the giveaway as the most view driving techniques you can use like @BigDaddyKong suggested. Honestly, I think that I have to see what works for me and use it and not go by the book.
Do you think that it will be okay if, in the beginning, my channel has a bit of everything until I find what I really enjoy filming?
Old 27-02-18, 09:19 AM
OC3D Elite

I think a variety is good to start with. That will let you see what you like, and you can gauge by the views what the audience likes.
AMD R7 1800X-Asus Crosshair VI Hero-16GB GSkill 3200mhz-Corsair HX1000-XSPC Raystorm Copper Edition-Dual D5 Pumps-Corsair Force 3 SSD-Sapphire Fury X2-Corsair 900D-Windows 10 Pro-Dell U3011-Dell 2007FP
Old 01-03-18, 11:03 AM

https://www.techspot.com/news/73485-...rcent-all.html

Tags
help needed, ideas, suggestions, youtube