Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > Introductions

Old 23-12-16, 07:20 PM

Hello guys.

Tinytomlogan advised me this site. Thanks to him. I wanted to learn how to modify computer and building a system.

I hope I will get what I want from here..

Old 24-12-16, 02:20 AM

Hey!

I'm new to the custom PC building world and so have joined up in the hope to learn as much as possible.

I have just, in the last few months built my very first rig and would like to find out more about things I can do to improve my system and just make it look cool.

I have been trawling Youtube for tips, advice and other things to help with my build so I'm glad i stumbled across this forum.

Also it has been so long since I was on a forum for something i have been interested in that is actually active. lol

heres to building
Old 24-12-16, 10:25 PM

Hi to all people here!!

My name is Siniša (pronounced Sinisha), but everybody calls me Striko or Six.
Im electrical engineer working on my masters degree in automation at the time, hoping to finish it this academic year.

I like building, repairing, cleaning, upgrading and testing all PC's that i can get my hands on. Sometimes for money, and sometimes just because i love it and have a chance at helping people who don't know much about computers, so probably that's the thing we all have in common!

My latest project is repairing my old PC's socket A(462) Soltek mainboard, so i can give that PC to my nephew and niece (5 and 8 yr old, 5+8=13, that's the age the PC is too), as a first "real" PC (not by todays standards), because they like to play browser games and look at (and dance to :-)) some music videos in their "PC time", and that old rig will manage that good enough!

Oh, that was a lot longer intro than i imagined when i decided to signup!

P.S. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to everybody!!
Old 26-12-16, 04:52 PM

Hello All..

First of all - Call Me just simple as Chew.
Im new to OC3D, but not new to forums, so will be tidy
Agenda - build and finetune PC.
My RIG - Intel 6600K rocking in Asus Z170i, paired with Asus STRIX 1060 6GB, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000/15CL Red RAM, Brained by Kingston Savage 480GB SSD, feeded with Corsair CX550M and all stuffed into neat Rosewill Legacy W1-B. Rest of system contains Dell S2316H screen, Razer Lachesis 5600 mice, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stelth, Corsair HS-30. System Cooled by Lepa Aquachanger 240 and OC is CPU [email protected] / RAM [email protected] CL14 / VGA Stock. Windows 10 Pro on top.
Old 26-12-16, 11:03 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewyLV View Post
Hello All..

First of all - Call Me just simple as Chew.
Im new to OC3D, but not new to forums, so will be tidy
Agenda - build and finetune PC.
My RIG - Intel 6600K rocking in Asus Z170i, paired with Asus STRIX 1060 6GB, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000/15CL Red RAM, Brained by Kingston Savage 480GB SSD, feeded with Corsair CX550M and all stuffed into neat Rosewill Legacy W1-B. Rest of system contains Dell S2316H screen, Razer Lachesis 5600 mice, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stelth, Corsair HS-30. System Cooled by Lepa Aquachanger 240 and OC is CPU [email protected] / RAM [email protected] CL14 / VGA Stock. Windows 10 Pro on top.
Chew come here often?

Ba dum tish.

Old 28-12-16, 05:39 PM

hi all,name Toni , from Croatia , i work as salesman and do electronics in spare time from audio to computers. have been long time oc3d viewer/reader only.now i come here to talk about computers.

i have very old but upgraded asus k53l laptop with i7 2640m 8gigs of ddr3 and 128g ssd and hdd in place of cdrom.

for works/pc its changing and upgrading on fly, for now i have antec p100 case ,antec hcp 1300w psu, wd black 1tb wd blue 500gig and coolermaster nepton 280l ati hd6450 silent gpu,old platform sold and waiting on ordered asrock x99m, 4x8gig kingston fury ddr4 and xeon e5 2623 v4.

i hope to have fun here and learn something new, not to waste time.
Old 28-12-16, 09:28 PM
Compo Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabar_šolta View Post
hi all,name Toni , from Croatia , i work as salesman and do electronics in spare time from audio to computers. have been long time oc3d viewer/reader only.now i come here to talk about computers.

i have very old but upgraded asus k53l laptop with i7 2640m 8gigs of ddr3 and 128g ssd and hdd in place of cdrom.

for works/pc its changing and upgrading on fly, for now i have antec p100 case ,antec hcp 1300w psu, wd black 1tb wd blue 500gig and coolermaster nepton 280l ati hd6450 silent gpu,old platform sold and waiting on ordered asrock x99m, 4x8gig kingston fury ddr4 and xeon e5 2623 v4.

i hope to have fun here and learn something new, not to waste time.
welcome to dude
Old 30-12-16, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Chew come here often?

Ba dum tish.
Well - lately not, because have little kid and dont have much spare time to spend behind pc. Im lucky enough i managed to build new system to play some world of tank round during little nap
Old 30-12-16, 10:16 PM

Hello All

Been a lurker for some time - trying to get up the nerve to start posting. As the Xmas comp was so much fun; I actually did post!

So complete noob, totally new to all this. Going to try and build my son a PC with some klout - he has ADD/Aspergers so OCD about EVERYTHING!!

He got a basic PC for Xmas and so now I have the job of getting up to a decent spec - with your knowledgeable help obviously!
So please wait with baited breath for all my inane questions!

Hope to chat with some of you soon oh & Happy New Year!
Old 30-12-16, 10:41 PM
Hagrid Look-A-Like

Welcome to all the new blood ....... Mwah ha ha ha ha