Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 04-01-19, 07:03 PM
The Guvnor

Subscriber Video #33 - it gets deep

No not balls deep you filthy minded mofo's!

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 04-01-19, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member

Hey Tom, happy new year and all that bollox

If your doing car stuff, I personally dont mind where and how it is, as long as your enthusiasm for it equals the pc stuff, it's 80% of the reason why I watch your video's.

for the other thing, Im glad you think your out the other side, renewed and raring to go full steam ahead, whilst I like the small corner of the interwebs you've carved out for yourself I cant help but feel your portion of the pie should be much larger, you should have cracked the big table by now, whether or not you desire such a thing.

Anywho, good luck and get that brown stuff dispenser in gear and get us some cracking content out, I havnt had to buy new yorkshire gold since last year and need a real excuse to get some fresh stuff.

btw, whats happening with CES coverage this year?
Old 04-01-19, 09:04 PM
Resident Newb

Been there after a bad breakup myself, Was a wreck for a good while but a few things helped.

1. NEVER keep anything to yourself, ALWAYS talk to people, It helps immensely even if it's hard to talk about.

2. Start working out daily, It makes a world of difference to moods and your mindset when you start lifting.

3. Keep doing what you love i.e cars and PC's, Push yourself to do it.

4. Keep a positive mindset, Easier said than done but any negative thoughts wander into your mind push it out and think of things and people that make you happy, Physically smile and take a deep breath.

Just some things that worked for me

As for the cars, Maybe make a 2nd channel, That way you could keep everything nice and organised and it would save you from hearing from the moaners who will inevitably crawl out from under their bridges and complain about seeing cars on the channel.

Keep fighting the good fight and happy new year, New year, New start

Old 04-01-19, 09:31 PM
OC3D Elite

I know how you feel Tom just split from my wife of 30 years and i know that things still haven't hit me properly, as I've still not even been able to grieve properly after losing my mum either, but the only way i cope is just take each day as it comes.
I game with my mates as much as I can and when I feel I can and enjoy my time here on OC3D and watch a butt ton of YouTube and movies.
Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Roccat AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Razer Firefly RGB CE=Soundblaster ZXR
Old 04-01-19, 09:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Someone got a posh jumper for Chrimbo

How do you beat the middle aged spread dude? do you just not eat? /envy.

Old 05-01-19, 12:09 AM

Thanks for the update tom couldn't have been easy to make a video like that and all the best moving forward, id say make a second channel for the car stuff, as it may feel a little jumbled at the end of subscriber videos (wouldn't bother me love the motors, own a few old fords myself) especially for newer members and makes it easier for people to join just for the cars.
Old 05-01-19, 12:42 AM
OC3D Elite

Glad you're back Tom, and glad you kicked the wine habit before it got a proper grip. And yeah it's about chemistry and getting diet, exercise and sleep pattern sorted but if you feel the anxiety is coming back I'd definitely see a professional. Not just for medicine but they are, well, professionals you can talk to and that goes a long way as well. Much more so than online search results since it's natural to just read what aligns with your view. There's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of either, though I am quite stubborn myself when it comes to seeking aid... Also be careful to not schedule too much work now that you're feeling upbeat, take it step by step.

The car content should definitely go to its own channel, even if there's overlap in interests for some of the viewers it makes organizing easier on own end - but you should definitely mention the new channel at least for a while.

Would be awesome to see content about your own cars and projects related to them instead of reviewing products - but I understand if that's your therapy time and making videos of it would make it feel like work again. If you know aaroncake, his RX-3 build is pretty awesome, though admittedly not the best in production value. But personally I'd be chuffed to see any TTL car content.
Old 05-01-19, 02:07 AM
OC3D Elite

Yea I agree with looz and meant to mention it myself just be careful about making content about cars that it doesn't take away your relaxation and becomes work as that's the worst thing that can happen
Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Roccat AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Razer Firefly RGB CE=Soundblaster ZXR
Old 05-01-19, 02:34 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah, you seem to have done quite well to get back into the constructive & motivated stages again and being able to have long term goals & a fulfilling work is arguably the most important bit of the path to recovery so maybe you've already got past this stage, but personally (And if anyone else is caught in a similar situation) getting past my stubbornness to see a professional(Your GP is probably always the best place to start, even if just for advice) was definitely the biggest step once I got caught in an extended cycle of anxiety & depression, getting a better understanding of the symptoms at play makes things a lot easier to discus constructively generally and the right medication can do wonders(And it's never forced on you after all), especially with the sleep issues, since I'd say that's the thing that makes the destructive habits that come as a side effect hardest to drop(When the glass of wine or whatever also becomes your ticket to a good nights sleep).

Car content is always good though, I'm sure many of us here subscribe for your review & content style besides just the content topics themselves, but maybe a 2nd channel would keep things more organised.
Old 05-01-19, 03:05 PM
Bettyswollocks

Glad you're on the fix guv, I know you know I've been in a bad way similar to yourself in years past. But like I said when I came down to TTL towers OC3D pretty much saved my life and gave me the focus needed to fix myself... you did that! (Some forum members too) So pick your self up dust off the shoulders and soldier on mate, PMA not PITA.

Focus everyday (preferably an RS)

As TTL said in the vid, if anyone just wants a chat even if it's just about the weather or the colour of oranges hit us up I'll even chat on discord if anyone needs it.