Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Desk & Work Area

Old 09-03-20, 12:17 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Why so pessimistic? If Herman Miller back themselves on the best quality then they would not allow this. They would use both companies brands to make a premium luxury chair. It'd be overpriced for similar quality they already make. Just because of 2 words. Gaming and Logitech. Add those on top of the Herman Miller baseline and yeah. Expensive.

I just don;t trust companies anymore to bring quality out at a reasonable price, Everything has to be profit on top of profit.

Old 09-03-20, 12:22 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I just don;t trust companies anymore to bring quality out at a reasonable price, Everything has to be profit on top of profit.
TBH I can not see Herman Miller putting their world leading reputation on the line for a gaming chair.

Look at their chairs. They involve tons of very heavy quality parts. There's no way they will jeapordise their own reputation selling out for gayming.

This chair they're doing may well be a Sayl or something "cheap" (around £400) with a Logitech sign on.

That said Logitech are not tacky low class outfits either dude. Their RMA reputation is amazing and they have always made decent products.

Old 09-03-20, 12:36 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I swear I searched before and first thing I found was a British site.. oh well I guess
100 years American

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eames_Lounge_Chair

Is one of their most famous. They are worth thousands now

Old 09-03-20, 02:33 AM
OC3D Elite

I went to the Herman Miller site here in Aus and the first thing I was greeted with was their new Logitech Chair so I suspect it might be a half decent chair, for me to actually buy as HM though I'd need to travel 150km so I'm looking at an Office Works chair that has a 15 year warranty by a company called J.Burrows
Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Roccat AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Razer Firefly RGB CE=Soundblaster ZXR
Old 09-03-20, 09:42 AM
News Guru

Glad to hear that you didn't break anything Dice. Sucks that this happened to you.
Old 09-03-20, 10:31 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
As a "gaming" company is involved I'm willing to bet they will want to cut as many corners as possible and use as much Chinesium as possible.
As much as I find it annoying to see the constant spam of this herman miller brand. They seem to respect themselves way too much to resort to going cheap.

So there are two options I see here.

1. They provide their own chairs as a rebrand for Logitech

2. They design a new chair based on requirements set by Logitech. Which will be most likley a pricey product regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
TBH I can not see Herman Miller putting their world leading reputation on the line for a gaming chair.

Look at their chairs. They involve tons of very heavy quality parts. There's no way they will jeapordise their own reputation selling out for gayming.

This chair they're doing may well be a Sayl or something "cheap" (around £400) with a Logitech sign on.

That said Logitech are not tacky low class outfits either dude. Their RMA reputation is amazing and they have always made decent products.
I agree with everything except that. They are quite cheap these days. products are not what they used to be. But we are all judging based on the term "gaming"... A little bit too stereotypical i guess. Let us see what they bring out before throwing our "gonna be poor" mentality.
Old 23-03-20, 12:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Jeez i'm so done with these racing things as well, will look at a good chair in a couple of months time but yesterday my Vertagear chair broke down! the gear inside the mechanism that controls the incline of the backseat is missing teath now, just look at this mess after i tore it apart to take pictures for the warranty, which if i get it replaced, i will sell that chair.

It's attached to the base like this
Old 23-03-20, 01:02 PM
OC3D Elite

There are many excellent options out there but you need to follow one rule when buying a chair Do not buy a chair unless you have put your but in it. Buying a chair online without trying it first is a horrible mistake.
Old 23-03-20, 01:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
There are many excellent options out there but you need to follow one rule when buying a chair Do not buy a chair unless you have put your but in it. Buying a chair online without trying it first is a horrible mistake.

Yeah i will be going to a big store which has lots of chairs to try and get them to deliver it when i get the funds available.
Old 23-03-20, 03:30 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
Jeez i'm so done with these racing things as well, will look at a good chair in a couple of months time but yesterday my Vertagear chair broke down! the gear inside the mechanism that controls the incline of the backseat is missing teath now, just look at this mess after i tore it apart to take pictures for the warranty, which if i get it replaced, i will sell that chair.

It's attached to the base like this
My dad is an engineer and when my chair broke I took a piece to him and showed it to see if he could see why it failed, First thing he said "It's the same cheap sub standard Chinese steel we used to use on mock ups, It's a wonder this didn't break sooner".

He used to work at BMW mocking up various parts using this type of metal, As it is dirt cheap and more cost effective than using aluminium for mockups, But this metal never went into finished products, It was always used for non moving test pieces, Not too informed on that matter though.