Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Rig Gallery

Old 26-01-15, 09:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
@JLR Thanks mate, I was going to get the Be quiet Dark Rock cooler but as this case is the Corsair Obsidian Series 350D the height of the cooler when fitted does not fit this case its 10mm to high so I had to get the
be quiet! Pure Rock BK009 CPU Cooler, not my first choice as it was not black in color but aluminum.... after research I bought some stove spray paint and painted it black ... and it does not effect the CPU Cooling at all my CPU temp even when over clocked to 4.2 it still remains at 30c / 32c

Nice work on the paint job, if you hadn't of said I would be none the wiser.

Old 27-01-15, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google View Post
Wow, This is really good with that budget
Uhm sir, wanna ask some question... Why you choose GTX 670? Any reason? or is it just because of bid?
Well, I'm just curious
Thanks
After many hours researching and asking friends for advice I decided to pick the MSI GeForce GTX 670 (2048 M (N670GTXPE2GD5/OC) Graphics Card..Ideally wanted a Card that would stay cool when I'm gaming and be within my budget range of £100 as it stands this card has not let me down once it plays all the new games on ultra setting and performance incredible well,at idle the GPU is at 26c at max it has never gone over 57c.
I was also lucky to find that this card was on eBay and I got it for £98.50 with free P+P, if you're interested you can find a nice review of my card here http://www.kitguru.net/components/gr...ozr-iv-review/
Old 27-01-15, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I think the gtx 670 was a really good choice, if I was looking for a graphics card for a budget build gtx 670 would be my choice, have seen them going for 100 pounds buy it now, price to performance is insane. Not a worthwile upgrade to my gtx 580 though (also bought from ebay two years ago for 120 pounds)
Yeah, that's great... the card maybe old but if You got it with cheap price...why not? =))

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
After many hours researching and asking friends for advice I decided to pick the MSI GeForce GTX 670 (2048 M (N670GTXPE2GD5/OC) Graphics Card..Ideally wanted a Card that would stay cool when I'm gaming and be within my budget range of £100 as it stands this card has not let me down once it plays all the new games on ultra setting and performance incredible well,at idle the GPU is at 26c at max it has never gone over 57c.
I was also lucky to find that this card was on eBay and I got it for £98.50 with free P+P, if you're interested you can find a nice review of my card here http://www.kitguru.net/components/gr...ozr-iv-review/
Oh wow dat price
Well, so it's just about the budget then... just curious why you choose an old card but
hmm... this ebay thing seems interesting
Ok then thank you sir
Old 27-01-15, 08:14 PM

@TheDuke
This is budget PC? O_O
This is awesome!
I would have went with AMD over Nvidia though, but its mostly up to people`s personal choice.
Old 27-01-15, 11:54 PM
Bettyswollocks

Kudos to you dude, this is awesome and I can relate 100% with you on budget building, my last system was a budget build and the appreciation I had for it was massive and the sense of achievement that went with it was just as high. You've done an exceptional job stretching your budget and you've been extremely savvy with brands too.. further kudos for that. Also it's executed in such a clean and tasteful manner which just tops it all off. Very well done.
Old 05-02-15, 03:37 PM

That is an insanely nice build ! I'd love to have that one, and I'm absolutely in love with that black BeQuiet CPU cooler.
Old 19-03-15, 08:45 PM

Amazing job getting all that for £650
Old 14-04-18, 07:48 AM

Hi everyone, 3 years on now and my budget PC is still going strong, last week tho I decided to upgrade a few new items, I paid the going price for them so this has nothing to do with my original budget build, but I thought I would share it here none the less, I upgrade the GPU to - Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1060 Xtreme Edition 6GB, and I updated 3 fan to RGB ones - Corsair LL Series LL120 RGB 120mm.
so currently my system looks like this now