Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-21, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmoth View Post
...there should be a ton of cards on containerships and in warehouses?
Everybody is talking about these very expensive GPU's. And the absolute desire to eventually owning one of these. I must be living on a different planet as money these days and all around is super tight and good paying 'career type jobs' are basically non-existing. Most college degrees are now worthless as well and as real tangible experience is the key. And then the unresolved pandemic forcing WFH being the new normal. A close friend knowing the great benefit packages and starting salaries, applied at NIKE HQ in Portland, OR and was told that they had over 262 resumes and or job applicants on hand for the position. He did not qualify and is now back at 'Best Buy' to tie himself over and to eat. On his way out at NIKE a friendly security guard told him: "The good jobs here are not advertised they are all networked!" So I still wonder where does all the money for the big time new GPU's is coming from? From out of space?
(2008) Dell XPS 730x H2C / Dell LGA 775 / i7 Extreme QX9770 3.8GHz / Corsair Dominator 16GB 1600 MHZ DDR3 (4x4) / EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB / H2C DELL Liquid AIO / Creative SX-Fi & Corsair SP2500 Speakers / 2x 1GB WD Velociraptor / 2x Disc BluRay CD/DVD / PSU Dell 1000W / Windows 7 Ultimate / Alien FX Lighting