Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 24-07-19, 11:24 AM

The C5 memory error lockup is a simple fix. The memory boot voltage has to be set at something that allows you to start the ram at the speed you specify otherwise the Crosshair will run at 1.2v which is a no no for 3200/14 or 3466/14. Fix is to clear CMOS, set the memory boot voltage to 1.35 or 1.4, save and boot into your OS. Once its performed a full boot cycle it will then allow you to play away without hard locks.

Old 24-07-19, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Very nice, How are you finding performance so far or are you still in the early testing stages ?
I think its going to be like the FX8350 a little in that we will be waiting for the software to catch up, especially on the Microsoft side. A well tuned FX was a smooth run for its time and this has the same feeling even if i'm getting to the zone of the sweet spot but not hitting it. It feels snappy but you have a feeling that there is more to be released. On Linux once you get pass the Systemd bug its a monster.

Lightroom Classic on Win10 and you can feel, see the difference applying changes, not light and day but enough to say yeah this is a step up from the 2700X.

Cooling needs attention or at least cooling capable of handling this chip, i'm idling at 32C to 34C but it is popping up to 40C- 45C according to HWInfo. I put it through the AIDA64 stress test for a few hours last night and it stayed at around 75C after 20 mins warming up. Then again, i'm running a D5, 600mm of RAD and a custom loop so it should behave itself.

To sum up, i'm a happy camper. Do I look at the X570 stuff and think I need? No. Do I look at my Vega VII in work and think it should be at home? Yes. Is there more to come? IMO, yes, i'm on the Crosshair VII on Agesa 1.0.0.2, I can boost over 4.6 (which Der Bauer reckons can't be done) and once you figure out the little quirks it is rock solid and the Asus engineers should be able to tune the X470 platform more. The only worry I might have is that the X470 platform might be too good and eat into the X570 sales at which stage it will become the step child and be quietly forgotten about.