Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old Today, 11:58 AM
OC3D Elite

Back out of bed at 2am. Ended up downing tools at 3:30. The vanity panels are now fitted and man, what a difference it makes. All of the silver now disappears leaving only black.

Apols about pic. As I suspected it's quite dark today, with only white light (very cloudy).

Time to test its faculties.

Yup, seems like they are all there

Do excuse the fan noise. Obviously they are running at full pelt now and man, do they shift some air. I can't address that until the PC is smart and no longer dumb.

Old Today, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Do excuse the fan noise. Obviously they are running at full pelt now and man, do they shift some air. I can't address that until the PC is smart and no longer dumb.
What you need is an internal to external USB cable. Then you can program up the Aquaero by plugging it into another PC or laptop. I made one originally (before I'd bought pinning tools) by just looking the square plug off an A-B USB lead from a printer and then soldering the wires onto the lopped off end of a spare internal-internal lead from some Aquaero stuff. If you've already got an internal-internal lead glued on, a set of cut-off pins (or resistor legs - anything of the right size) will bridge between two internal plugs.
Old Today, 12:17 PM
OC3D Elite

D'you know I thought about that, then realised I don't have a laptop lmao. It would have been very, very handy though. Kinda like when they program ECUs on cars. It would also stop that (quite terrifying) noise those fans make. At £5 I wasn't expecting much but gees, they are powerful. Like really powerful. I don't even want to think about how much worse it will be once the two in the front are humming along.

I should pick up a junker laptop when I can really. Just enough to run Windows like.

Forgot to say. The clock won't work until the USB hubs receive a signal from the mobo, so sadly I can't test that yet.

Old Today, 02:48 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
D'you know I thought about that, then realised I don't have a laptop lmao. It would have been very, very handy though. Kinda like when they program ECUs on cars. It would also stop that (quite terrifying) noise those fans make. At £5 I wasn't expecting much but gees, they are powerful. Like really powerful. I don't even want to think about how much worse it will be once the two in the front are humming along.

I should pick up a junker laptop when I can really. Just enough to run Windows like.

Forgot to say. The clock won't work until the USB hubs receive a signal from the mobo, so sadly I can't test that yet.
Are your fans squeeling when using PWM through the AqC controller? My vardar were terrible for it via the controller.
Old Today, 02:54 PM

FWIW I run a couple of Varders off an Aquaero 6 in PWM mode. One is a 120mm Furious Varder and the other is a 140mm ER Varder (Extended Range). Neither of them squeal at all but they tend to be run between 90 to 100%. The 120mm Furious exhausts hot air from my under-stairs server cupboard down about 13" of duct....hence the spec for high static pressure. Need another intake though. Is the problem you're having only when running them very slow?
Old Today, 03:01 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Are your fans squeeling when using PWM through the AqC controller? My vardar were terrible for it via the controller.
Nope. I am not using PWM I am using volts dude. Mind you they may squeal, but I hear Vardars are the worst for that (and motor noise and jittering). We'll see I guess

More done ! decided to cover the tacky Chinese logos on the ram coolers. First I found the logo...

Changed it a little bit.

Et voila (it's more Fifty Shades Of Grey, but ho hum it's an improvement).

I had to remember to flip the memory for two. Good old X99, it flips the ram banks.

Cleaned up the CPU.

Then I used a combination of AC posts and springs but with EK bolts. They are just so much nicer looking.

And.

Next up coffee and pills, then I need to daisy chain the RGBs and tape them under the board. I also need to make an IO shield.

Old Today, 03:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenedd View Post
FWIW I run a couple of Varders off an Aquaero 6 in PWM mode. One is a 120mm Furious Varder and the other is a 140mm ER Varder (Extended Range). Neither of them squeal at all but they tend to be run between 90 to 100%. The 120mm Furious exhausts hot air from my under-stairs server cupboard down about 13" of duct....hence the spec for high static pressure. Need another intake though. Is the problem you're having only when running them very slow?
2 or 3 fans are fine. but hook up 8 and they will really scream when you drop them to 40-50% pwm.

They just dont like the phasing from the AqC. If I run a swiftech 8 port hub and then on the mobo, the fans are fine. Even works fine in my lamptron controller.
Old Today, 04:04 PM
OC3D Elite

are you changing the ram from white to black?
Old Today, 04:29 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
are you changing the ram from white to black?
Nope.

Well one thing is clear, I won't need a Christmas tree or any decorations this year. Simply set the outside case lighting to red and the inside green, instant St Nick.