Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Forum Teams > Redline Folding @ OC3D - 98860
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #11  
Old 05-03-20, 03:37 PM
riotcity76 riotcity76 is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace – View Post
Very sad



So the list of diseases that can be worked towards is automatically updated
Gotcha. What I've read is that updating the client is pretty resource intensive on their part, and there may not be an update that allows users to specifically choose to fold Coronavirus WUs. My understanding is that clients set for "Any" cause preference will eventually start crunching Coronavirus WUs when they become available.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-03-20, 03:39 PM
riotcity76 riotcity76 is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace – View Post
Just installed and joined team OC3D as well as created a Passkey <3

Is it normal, that my GPU sits at 22% usage although I've set the Power to Full?

Also, is it safe to shut my PC down in the middle of folding or should I set a countdown for until a WU is done?
22% GPU usage is pretty normal. It won't peg a GPU at 100% like it would typically do with a CPU. What is your estimated points per day?

The client creates checkpoints at regular intervals, so it is fine to shut off the computer at any time. Worst case is you will have to re-crunch the last few percent of a work unit, but the majority of the progress will have been saved.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-03-20, 03:42 PM
SOA_RRU's Avatar
SOA_RRU SOA_RRU is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Derbyshire UK
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace – View Post
Just installed and joined team OC3D as well as created a Passkey <3

Is it normal, that my GPU sits at 22% usage although I've set the Power to Full?

Also, is it safe to shut my PC down in the middle of folding or should I set a countdown for until a WU is done?
Welcome

22% isn't normal, most of the time Nvidia cards will sit from anything like 70-100% usage depending on the work unit (my current usage is 95-99% on a 11738). One thing i always do even though it might not actually make any difference is to set my card to Performance in the Nvidia control panel.

Yes it's safe to shut down your PC before the work unit has finished as when you restart it will just revert back to the last checkpoint and carry on, only downside to this is less points. The faster you return the work unit the bigger the points (quick return bonus)
__________________

RTX 2060 Super / GTX 1080 / GTX 1070 DEAD (AGAIN)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-03-20, 04:04 PM
Peace – Peace – is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 567
GPU says: 48453 Points per day My computer has 8.17 days to complete this work unit. 11737 (0, 9661, 7) 2 hours 06 mins 53957 Work Unit (PRCG) Work Unit (ETA) Estimated Points
__________________
i7-4770K | AlpenfŲhn Matterhorn Pure | ASUS Z87-Pro | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP | ASUS GTX1070 Strix OC 8GB | Corsair TX650M | Thermaltake Chaser A31
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-03-20, 04:08 PM
riotcity76 riotcity76 is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOA_RRU View Post
Welcome

22% isn't normal, most of the time Nvidia cards will sit from anything like 70-100% usage depending on the work unit (my current usage is 95-99% on a 11738). One thing i always do even though it might not actually make any difference is to set my card to Performance in the Nvidia control panel.

Yes it's safe to shut down your PC before the work unit has finished as when you restart it will just revert back to the last checkpoint and carry on, only downside to this is less points. The faster you return the work unit the bigger the points (quick return bonus)
Strange, I could swear 22% is pretty normal from what I remember looking at my 1080Ti....but I'm not home right now so I can't check it.

That PPD is very low though, for a 1070. I wonder if you're not getting bonus points.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-03-20, 04:22 PM
Peace – Peace – is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by riotcity76 View Post
Strange, I could swear 22% is pretty normal from what I remember looking at my 1080Ti....but I'm not home right now so I can't check it.

That PPD is very low though, for a 1070. I wonder if you're not getting bonus points.

Passkey is set up though 🤷♂️ I'll see what I can do later
__________________
i7-4770K | AlpenfŲhn Matterhorn Pure | ASUS Z87-Pro | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP | ASUS GTX1070 Strix OC 8GB | Corsair TX650M | Thermaltake Chaser A31
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-03-20, 04:37 PM
SOA_RRU's Avatar
SOA_RRU SOA_RRU is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Derbyshire UK
Posts: 476
Youíll have to complete 10 work units before you start to see any bonus points though.
__________________

RTX 2060 Super / GTX 1080 / GTX 1070 DEAD (AGAIN)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-03-20, 04:44 PM
Peace – Peace – is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOA_RRU View Post
You’ll have to complete 10 work units before you start to see any bonus points though.
Ah yes, I forgot about that!


//EDIT: Not sure about setting my GPU to performance mode, though... My GTX770 died because of hardcore Doge Coin mining at 100%
__________________
i7-4770K | AlpenfŲhn Matterhorn Pure | ASUS Z87-Pro | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP | ASUS GTX1070 Strix OC 8GB | Corsair TX650M | Thermaltake Chaser A31
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-03-20, 05:45 PM
SOA_RRU's Avatar
SOA_RRU SOA_RRU is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Derbyshire UK
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace – View Post


//EDIT: Not sure about setting my GPU to performance mode, though... My GTX770 died because of hardcore Doge Coin mining at 100%
Both my 1070 & 1080 have died in the past, Folding the cause? maybe, Maybe not but both got fixed under warranty and went straight back to work
__________________

RTX 2060 Super / GTX 1080 / GTX 1070 DEAD (AGAIN)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-03-20, 06:37 PM
Peace – Peace – is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOA_RRU View Post
Welcome

22% isn't normal, most of the time Nvidia cards will sit from anything like 70-100% usage depending on the work unit (my current usage is 95-99% on a 11738). One thing i always do even though it might not actually make any difference is to set my card to Performance in the Nvidia control panel.

Yes it's safe to shut down your PC before the work unit has finished as when you restart it will just revert back to the last checkpoint and carry on, only downside to this is less points. The faster you return the work unit the bigger the points (quick return bonus)
Setting the GPU to performance instead of quality doesn't change anything in terms of utilisation.
Setting it to OC Mode in ASUS' software is also not doing anything
//EDIT: LOL, ASUS' software is reporting 94-98% utilisation, while Task-Manager still says 20-22%!


Maybe it's because it's folding the DHFR benchmark.
__________________
i7-4770K | AlpenfŲhn Matterhorn Pure | ASUS Z87-Pro | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP | ASUS GTX1070 Strix OC 8GB | Corsair TX650M | Thermaltake Chaser A31
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 01:47 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.