Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 10-06-18, 08:43 PM
News Guru

Fallout 76 will be 4 times larger than Fallout 4 - New Trailer

Bethesda has confirmed that Fallout 76 will be 4 times larger than Fallout 4. New trailer revealed.

Read more about Fallout 76 being four times larger than Fallout 4.

Old 10-06-18, 08:49 PM
OC3D Elite

hah ! so I was right about WV

OK just watched the video. Wow. How harrowing. Oddly enough I was at a friend's house today and we were talking about nukes. His kid wanted to know how they work so I spoke to him about it. Convo ended up on Fallout..

Any way, it looks incredible. And big. However ! I am not falling for the old trick again. They said Fallout 4 was enormous etc, it was no bigger than Fallout 3. In fact, the map area was pretty much cut and paste. I mean sure, there was more in it building wise but probably fewer interesting quests. They may well have been developing this alongside Fallout 4, and my one hope is that this is everything Fallout 4 was supposed to be but wasn't. Let us hope that all of the dev went into this and FO4 was a bit of a spermicidal milkshake made from the leftovers.

Old 10-06-18, 08:59 PM

larger doesnt mean anything. As long as it is not filled with anything interesting then it is all pointless. Look at Yakuza (dont remember the name exactly) it is really quite small of a game but it is so stuffed to the brim with content that the small size of the map doesnt matter
Old 10-06-18, 08:59 PM

Cannot wait, loved fallout 4 so much but itl be great to play a totally different era.
Old 10-06-18, 09:01 PM
OC3D Elite

Hmm so it is an FPS with single player? That'd be good for me. I see they're still using the same outdated engine and use light trickery to make it look prettier, that may be a no buy for me - let's see when I have more info because I do genuinely like the franchise.

Old 10-06-18, 09:05 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheF34RChannel View Post
Hmm so it is an FPS with single player? That'd be good for me. I see they're still using the same outdated engine and use light trickery to make it look prettier, that may be a no buy for me - let's see when I have more info because I do genuinely like the franchise.
When used correctly that engine is amazing. Far Harbor... Basically you could see by the time they made that they had really gotten good at it. It is incredible with the mist and etc. Sure, up close things look a bit rubbery but they really got it right with that. And, looking at that video they seem to be using mist and etc to good effect.

I "liked" Fallout 4. It was a tasty morsel. It wasn't, however, the successor to Fallout 3. Certainly absolutely not. It felt a bit half assed (Far Harbor did not though.. I recall saying the entire game should have been like that). Now we know why though. Because they were working on another one at the same time.

All I want is single player and co op. That would just be other worldly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surpuppa View Post
larger doesnt mean anything. As long as it is not filled with anything interesting then it is all pointless. Look at Yakuza (dont remember the name exactly) it is really quite small of a game but it is so stuffed to the brim with content that the small size of the map doesnt matter
When New Vegas came out lots of fans of the original games (1&2) quickly said it was much better than FO3. But it wasn't. Maybe if you work a full time job and have kids and a busy schedule then I could understand it, but when you picked below the surface FONV was quite empty. There was a lot going on on the surface in New Vegas, but when you looked for something deeper it just wasn't there. For example it did not have the metro system from FO3, where I spent many hours of my life. Most of the buildings were blocked off, there were very few unscripted quests and it just felt a bit shallow. This is understandable though, as they had like 2 years to make that. Sure the engine was already there and they had the dev kit and etc but a game with depth takes many years to make. Like, all of those small details and nuances that keep you going for hours and hours. If it is not there then you just don't get the span out of it.

Maybe I am hoping for a little too much after seeing that video, but I am praying that I am right and they spent all of their time on this and FO4 was a bit of a side quest lol.

Old 10-06-18, 09:13 PM
Old N Gold

Yeah, to me, a bigger map doesn't mean a better experience by proxy. No Man's Sky has huge open spaces, but there's nothing to do in it and it's repetitive. GTA V doesn't have an enormous map by today's standards, but there's always something to do, somewhere to get lost,, and it's varied.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 10-06-18, 09:18 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Yeah, to me, a bigger map doesn't mean a better experience by proxy. No Man's Sky has huge open spaces, but there's nothing to do in it and it's repetitive. GTA V doesn't have an enormous map by today's standards, but there's always something to do, somewhere to get lost,, and it's varied.
That's how I feel with Elite Dangerous. Not much to do. I've only EVER seen ONE human in that game before. Everything else was AI.
Old 10-06-18, 09:22 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Far Cry 5 is the best game I have played in ages. You can do it the fast way, or, you can do what we did (my pal and I) and do everything. Hell, even stop off for some fishing lol.

Old 10-06-18, 09:22 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
That's how I feel with Elite Dangerous. Not much to do. I've only EVER seen ONE human in that game before. Everything else was AI.
I'd like that actually lol - contemplating picking it up.

Fallout - co-op would be good here! I have no one to play with though ha ha. Engine: compared to almost every other engine it's horrible IMO. They need to ditch it and get something better. And yeah fo 3 was amazing!!