Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 30-10-18, 04:25 AM
Bettyswollocks

The general consensus is that consoles don't do it any justice at all, it needs to be let off the reins so to speak and gallop at full 60+ fps.

Old 30-10-18, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Haven't played it personally but from what I see and hear it sounds an awful like they made it very similar to the Witcher but just slightly evolved with the benefit of hindsight. Not taking anything away but I see and hear an awful lot that the Witcher 3 had that everybody is raving about with this game. Again not taking anything away, but the hype doesn't seem fully deserved. I still can't wait to play it on PC. I'd get it for my Pro but I can wait for PC and mod support
Although I haven't played the Witcher, I wouldn't say it's anything like it. It's basically GTA6 in the wild west.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
The general consensus is that consoles don't do it any justice at all, it needs to be let off the reins so to speak and gallop at full 60+ fps.
Not true whatsoever. This game has more features than most PC games have. See the digital foundry review. Obvs 60FPS is better but it holds up extremely well on the OneX.
Old 30-10-18, 02:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Does it have the Red Dead Ring of Death?
hah !

The hard drive seems to have clacked it. Two days on the phone with India and it's finally got a return label. So I have to mess around doing that today ffs.

Quote:
Probably done me a favour then tbh. Though I hear it is 75 hours and I can't do that sitting at a PC.

Old 30-10-18, 05:16 PM

It needs 60fps, as soon as the action ramps up or horses are at full speed its feels horrid to play, even going by what Digital Foundry wrote, they found the game dips into the low 20s.
Call it pc master race or whatever but GTA 5 feels exactly the same, a dish best served on pc.
Old 30-10-18, 05:27 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Although I haven't played the Witcher, I wouldn't say it's anything like it. It's basically GTA6 in the wild west.

Not true whatsoever. This game has more features than most PC games have. See the digital foundry review. Obvs 60FPS is better but it holds up extremely well on the OneX.
I would say it's the Witcher but a wild west instead of fantasy lol
Everyone talks about attention to detail and that's exactly the Witcher world. Where everything you do with people has a reaction. Things like that the Witcher has already. So that's why I say they are similar
Old 30-10-18, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I would say it's the Witcher but a wild west instead of fantasy lol
Everyone talks about attention to detail and that's exactly the Witcher world. Where everything you do with people has a reaction. Things like that the Witcher has already. So that's why I say they are similar
I was mostly referring to the graphical/animation side of things but it does have good attention to detail in world too.
Old 30-10-18, 08:43 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
I was mostly referring to the graphical/animation side of things but it does have good attention to detail in world too.
I haven't played so won't comment on the graphics. But considering it's a game that's 3 years newer, yeah i would hope it looks better
Old 30-10-18, 09:47 PM
News Guru

Quote:

I agree with you there. I'm amazed that they have managed to pack so much into that game while rendering at a full 4K on Xbox One X.

Very tempted to play this on my PS4 Pro.
Old 30-10-18, 09:48 PM
OC3D Elite

The One X does things at 4k that PC hardware simply can not do, even when using like for like.

Seriously if you want to see game dev and graphics evolving then the place to be is the consoles. Ugh, I want mine back already lol. I'm clucking man I will get the damn shakes next

Old 31-10-18, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
I agree with you there. I'm amazed that they have managed to pack so much into that game while rendering at a full 4K on Xbox One X.

Very tempted to play this on my PS4 Pro.
I've been playing on PS4 Pro, very nice