Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 06-04-18, 10:50 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Ordered myself a nice portable amp to go with my Shure 846,

SHA900. Tested via a colleague and it blew me away...

Next on my headphone hit list.. A pair of Shures.

Old 06-04-18, 01:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Refund for that Genidia chair came through, so attempt number 2 at this one

Should come in next week.
Old 06-04-18, 02:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post

So just added these to my collection. Love them the quality is great. They aren't made of the hardest or toughest steel because it's a show piece but still love it!
I thought y'all went for guns over there :P

Nice display stuff mind and I loved the tv series
ASUS ROG Crosshair VII wifi | Ryzen 5 3600 | Custom Loop | Patriot Viper Steel 4133 @ 3600 2 x 8Gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung 500gb nvme | Samsung 1Tb nvme | Samsung Evo 120gb ssd | Seagate Barracuda 1tb storage | Toshiba 1Tb HDD | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho Pro Tempered Glass | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Old 06-04-18, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmblah View Post
I was waiting for Newegg or Amazon to price match the Acer website for the z35p monitor. Finally happened today so it's on its way!

It arrived last night. First impressions...box is huge. The stand is very high quality, almost a shame I won't be using it.

Here it is next to my current 27" IPS screen.

I was really afraid of ghosting and colors. At first they seemed washed out, but after turning the brightness down a bit they are very nice. The viewing angles are pretty terrible, not as bad as a TN panel, but off to the side the screen looks bad. A curved screen is already bad enough from a side angle. Luckily, this is a PC monitor and I'll be sitting directly in front of it. It looks great head on.

After overclocking the panel to 120Hz and enabling G-sync, all I can say is wow. I spent far too long just wildly moving my cursor around the desktop. No ghosting and the motion was butter smooth.

In WoW, it's almost like playing a new game. I really wish I would have gotten a high refresh screen a long time ago. In most areas my framerate is well above 120, but in areas where it drops to the low 80s there's no visible tearing. I also didn't notice any ghosting. It's WoW though, so I'll have to try some more demanding games this weekend.

Old 06-04-18, 05:12 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post
I thought y'all went for guns over there :P

Nice display stuff mind and I loved the tv series
Oh trust me anybody who isn't a sensitive soul loves guns here
That said I don't own one yet. My state has so many damn laws it makes anything more than a handgun or shotgun outside home defense setups virtually worthless. I do plan on getting my gun license this year though.

But all seriousness it was for my birthday. I got lots of money from family/friends and put it towards the sword and axe. I now have what's in the picture and Andruil from Lord of the Rings
Old 06-04-18, 05:22 PM

Quote:
It arrived last night. First impressions...box is huge. The stand is very high quality, almost a shame I won't be using it.

I was really afraid of ghosting and colors. At first they seemed washed out, but after turning the brightness down a bit they are very nice. The viewing angles are pretty terrible, not as bad as a TN panel, but off to the side the screen looks bad. A curved screen is already bad enough from a side angle. Luckily, this is a PC monitor and I'll be sitting directly in front of it. It looks great head on.

After overclocking the panel to 120Hz and enabling G-sync, all I can say is wow. I spent far too long just wildly moving my cursor around the desktop. No ghosting and the motion was butter smooth.

In WoW, it's almost like playing a new game. I really wish I would have gotten a high refresh screen a long time ago. In most areas my framerate is well above 120, but in areas where it drops to the low 80s there's no visible tearing. I also didn't notice any ghosting. It's WoW though, so I'll have to try some more demanding games this weekend.
Just bought myself the aoc Agon AG352UCG which uses the same va panel as the z35p, granted the angles can be pretty bad but then who doesn't sit in front of there monitor? I think the colours are great and it really shows off Far cry 5 in its fullest.
Old 07-04-18, 01:51 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:

Welcome to the Ultrawide High Refresh Rate G-Sync club

Warning, You may find you spend hours going back and revisiting older games, I know I am

Old 07-04-18, 03:36 AM

Closest thing to a case I am getting for my new build. MountainMods Modular mobo tray.

I got it in anodised black, and i don't know that I'll be retaining the fan port or back wall.
Old 07-04-18, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Welcome to the Ultrawide High Refresh Rate G-Sync club

Warning, You may find you spend hours going back and revisiting older games, I know I am
LOL, thanks. I purchased Doom awhile back on a steam sale, but never played it. Started last night. I also downloaded Dying Light. I only played about 1.5 hours of that game, but I really enjoyed it at the time. Not sure why I stopped playing it tbh.

Old 08-04-18, 05:33 PM

wait until you get to the following dlc where you can modify buggy's and mow down heards of zombies thats when the fun really starts, but both of those games are great choices for new monitor feels.