Old 24-03-20, 12:00 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
SL is not a "racing chair".

They sure look like it to me.

Old 24-03-20, 04:10 PM
AMD Enthusiast

That's great Alien. You judge a chair by looks? If it was the same chair as all the other companies you wouldn't have such great reviews on SL and crappy ones on the other "racing chairs". They are actually quality chairs and are heavy duty.

They have built-in lumbar support. No other "racing chair" has that. They use a cushion as you said. Or are you just going to talk a product and claim everything to know about it without actually using it? If you sat in a "racing chair" and a SL you would immediately tell a difference.
Old 25-03-20, 12:14 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
That's great Alien. You judge a chair by looks? If it was the same chair as all the other companies you wouldn't have such great reviews on SL and crappy ones on the other "racing chairs". They are actually quality chairs and are heavy duty.

They have built-in lumbar support. No other "racing chair" has that. They use a cushion as you said. Or are you just going to talk a product and claim everything to know about it without actually using it? If you sat in a "racing chair" and a SL you would immediately tell a difference.
Do I judge a chair by looks? no. Sadly for me I have had to learn which types of chair are good for your spine and which are bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretlab

having grown disgruntled at the lack of affordable and quality options in the gaming chair market

Note - gaming chair. So whilst these may be of the utmost quality they are still gaming chairs, still look like racing chairs and thus offer 0 benefits to your spine.

They are not designed for your posture they are designed for "Gaming". So no matter how well built they are they are still bad for your spine.

Like I said before, sit in chairs like that whilst you can. I've been a computer nerd for 40 years and I am telling you that if that's your chosen day job you will get to the point where you simply can't do it any more.

So stop defending every U.S company with all of your pride and just see them for what they are. You didn't like Herman Miller until I told you they were American either.

Old 25-03-20, 01:21 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
I am sat on a Herman Miller Aeron right now as I write this and it is built like a tank and comes with a 12 year no quibble warranty.

I personally recommend either an Aeron or an Embody

Do your arse/back a favour and get a PROPER chair and not a "Gamer" chair. The one exception to this may be the logitech partnership because I highly doubt Herman Miller are going to want to trash their stellar reputation
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero, Ryzen 3800X, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
Old 25-03-20, 01:29 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post

So stop defending every U.S company with all of your pride and just see them for what they are. You didn't like Herman Miller until I told you they were American either.
Hes not, SL is from Singapore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSK View Post
I am sat on a Herman Miller Aeron right now as I write this and it is built like a tank and comes with a 12 year no quibble warranty.

I personally recommend either an Aeron or an Embody

Do your arse/back a favour and get a PROPER chair and not a "Gamer" chair. The one exception to this may be the logitech partnership because I highly doubt Herman Miller are going to want to trash their stellar reputation

Sadly not everyone has the funds for them.
Old 25-03-20, 01:39 PM
OC3D Elite

I suffer a lot with my Lumbar spine due to having a motorcycle accident 34 years ago. I own a Secret Lab Omega chair and it's the only chair I am able to sit in for long gaming sessions without any pain whatsoever. As we are currently in a lockdown I sat in it for over 12 hours yesterday without any complaints from my body. This has been the only "gaming" chair I have been able to do this. All the rest of them I have had issues with comfort in one way or another.

Then again everyone has their individual preferences when it comes to choosing a suitable chair for them.

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 25-03-20, 03:57 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Why you being a troll? I never said I disliked HM. I just mistook them for a UK brand and said I never had experience with them.

Besides that as mentioned SL is from Singapore. Try again.
Old 25-03-20, 06:41 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Why you being a troll? I never said I disliked HM. I just mistook them for a UK brand and said I never had experience with them.

Besides that as mentioned SL is from Singapore. Try again.
Why are you not understanding? gaming chair not designed for your spinal health.

You think I'm trolling you or something.

Old 25-03-20, 07:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Its kinda funny though, because if you google "are gaming chairs bad for the back" all the hits return the opposite that they help posture

http://www.chairsadvisor.com/does-a-...and-back-pain/

For example. And while im not stoking the fire. I have said from Day 1 that my Epic has indeed helped my back, not hinder it. But that is due to the additional lumbar support and the angled seat plate.

I think any chair with full adjust ability is good. Gaming chair or not. You don't need to invest stupid amounts of money, its just nice if you can.
Old 25-03-20, 08:27 PM
OC3D Elite

Peeps, Peeps try and remember there's good bad chairs and bad good chairs, what's important is that you get the chair that's right for you
Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Roccat AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Razer Firefly RGB CE=Soundblaster ZXR