Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 09-01-20, 06:37 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Try Chemical brothers - under the influence for bass testing. The drop helps fine tune many setups. Was suggested to be to use when tuning my cars subs many years ago. Even has sections with zero bass to help with other frequencies
Got all that. Have about 10gb of bass mechanics and etc but the only hummy kinda music I use is Eminem. Not a rap fan but do like his stuff. I mostly listen to 90s grunge. Lots of pearl jam, bush, Radiohead and etc.

Old 10-01-20, 08:33 AM
OC3D Elite

The first of new shinys I have a 3700X, new case for the mrs, 16GB DDR4 ram, 1TB nvme ssd and a X570 motherboard on its way today wooohooo I feel like Dicey now rofl

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 10-01-20, 11:19 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemac View Post
The first of new shinys I have a 3700X, new case for the mrs, 16GB DDR4 ram, 1TB nvme ssd and a X570 motherboard on its way today wooohooo I feel like Dicey now rofl
You mean you will return it 5mins later having found something wrong with it?
Old 10-01-20, 11:39 AM
OC3D Elite

Haha that's Dice. Nice card maccy, I didn't have you down as a serial returner

Old 10-01-20, 11:57 AM
OC3D Elite

Oh I could never take his title of RMA king

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 13-01-20, 02:07 AM
OC3D Elite

Big F off Toslink fibre cable for the Tag Mclaren.

Big F off RCA for the main amp.

I already had a big F off set of Van Damme I made for the sub.

One 20mm thick solid oak board.

I doubt it is going in a corner. We'll see. I am going to line the under side with 3mm yellow acrylic, though. Then polish the edges to make it look kinda eccentric like the rest of my system.

Screws to mount it.

And lastly, this.

I completed a Fallout 3 run the other day (everything, all DLC, all locations, all hidden weapons all made weapons all bobbleheads) which took me around 80 hours. I then went back to Fallout 4, and this week put in 30 hours on Xbone. That too is now completed.

I tried to order FONV on sale before Xmas, but got locked out of my account for 28 days due to putting in the wrong mobile number. Goes to get it today, £11 for the base game then £24 or so on DLC.

Go to buy a new copy on disc? £40+

That cost me £16. I don't need the box, I have the ltd box set for PC. I never did buy the DLC though, as only two of them really shone. I will, however, be doing a full playthrough with *all* of the DLC because Diablo is a sod and has given me a boner for it.

It'll also be at 4k, and at 4k FO3 looks pretty much as good as FO4 at 1080p.

I've only ever done a full DLC run once, and only ever played NV through twice. So I really need it in my life right now.

Moving back to the PC for a moment. I bought a large HYDROnaut. I got confused before, not realising Kyronaut was for like, cryo IE DICE and LN2. Hydronaut is for water cooling.

Like a idiot I thought for some reason TR had 44 PCIE lanes. When I found out it had 60 odd? boner. So I ordered two of these X4 PCIE SSDs.

They are 256gb models, so four games basically. However, I bought them mainly to speak to the main boot drive so transfer speeds when copying games across or etc will be fast. Music and so on? yeah that doesn't need to go so fast. I'm using my partitioned Intel 1tb still (240 for the bare OS, 600 odd for games) so this will tie in nicely, gobbling up 12 lanes just in PCIE NVME drives.

The Pioneers (well, Phison) are very good apparently. I considered a Corsair for £4 more, then realised that every Corsair SSD I have ever had ever has died.

My 1tb Intel has a EK cooler on. The board has a cooler built into the southbridge, so that only leaves one bare.

Don't care if it's £11. I've had half a res leak over a daughter board for three months without me knowing and it carried on running 24/7.

Old 13-01-20, 05:55 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Quote:
You mean you will return it 5mins later having found something wrong with it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Haha that's Dice. Nice card maccy, I didn't have you down as a serial returner
Quote:
Oh I could never take his title of RMA king

Genuinely made my morning

Old 13-01-20, 11:28 PM
Resident Newb

Ditching my AIO as I prefer air coolers, Pre-ordered the Corsair A500, Early reviews put it on par with Noctuas NHD15.

And maybe also this thicc boy...

Old 14-01-20, 07:33 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Ditching my AIO as I prefer air coolers, Pre-ordered the Corsair A500, Early reviews put it on par with Noctuas NHD15.

And maybe also this thicc boy...

I can see why you never jumped into custom water cooling. You change gear more than Dice changes his gear... oh wait, Paradox!
Old 14-01-20, 10:23 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
I can see why you never jumped into custom water cooling. You change gear more than Dice changes his gear... oh wait, Paradox!
The GPU is for a 2nd rig

Replacing my AIO in my main rig as I've never really liked them TBH, I've always preferred air coolers but didn't like the aesthetic of any until now and seeing as the A500 matches a Noctua NHD15 it was a no brainer.