Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Asus UK Customer Care Forums

Old 16-04-17, 10:42 AM

Windows 10 Creators Update possibly broken RealTek support?

Spec: Asus Hero IX Z270 motherboard, 7700K CPU, 1080 GTX GPU, 16GB 3000MHz Corsair, H115i cooler, Samsung SSD, Corsair 750x PSU, etc.

Has anyone else found their onboard audio device has completely dissappeared, possibly since the Creators Update? Reinstalling the RealTek drivers from the Asus website doesn't help. The audio chip no longer appear in Device Manager > Audio IO, and there appears to be a problem with a 'PCI Simple Communications Controller (Code 28). There used to be a RealTek HD thing in Control Panel, and this has dissappeared.

Under Device Manager > System Devices, there are two entries for 'High Defginition Audio Controller', one of which is clearly Nvidia (tried toggling it to make sure), and the other is Asus, since it says Code 10, Device Cannot Start.

Existing audio devices, like those from Nvidia and HyperX USB headphones, are absolutely fine.

On a seperate note, the system doesn''t shut down and the fans go crazy.

Is this just another dud Asus product - should I return it to Overclockers and request an MSI motherboard instead?

Old 16-04-17, 09:31 PM
OC3D Elite

I'd go for a fresh reinstall from ISO before sending anything back.

Upgrading from 10 to Creators it is like doing a 8.1 to 10 and in past experiences can leave your os in a hell of a mess...
Old 17-04-17, 09:15 AM

I tried the update the other day but rolled it back after an hour, 'DTS interactive sound' wasnt available as an option in the default audio format section or in 'Realtek HD audio Manager'

Actually it was more than a roll back I used a copy of 'Acronis True Image' backup image from last week.

Rampage V Edition 10 - i7 5930k - 32Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum - Samsung 960 Pro 512 - Corsair AX850 - Noctua NH-D14 - K70 RGB LUX - GTX 1080Ti Strix - Acer Predator XB321HK- Windows 10 Pro
Old 17-04-17, 09:18 AM
OC3D Elite

Just to let you know, certain drivers are not included in this update, I found myself using generic storage drivers for my intel chipset and network drivers from 2006. Download the latest drivers and you should be ok..
Old 17-04-17, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLN View Post
Just to let you know, certain drivers are not included in this update, I found myself using generic storage drivers for my intel chipset and network drivers from 2006. Download the latest drivers and you should be ok..
That was the first thing I did after the update but to no avail, i'll probably wait until a few months down the line before I try again.

Rampage V Edition 10 - i7 5930k - 32Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum - Samsung 960 Pro 512 - Corsair AX850 - Noctua NH-D14 - K70 RGB LUX - GTX 1080Ti Strix - Acer Predator XB321HK- Windows 10 Pro
Old 17-04-17, 01:39 PM

The audio chip used to be illuminated; now it's dead. It simply won't start.

Having called ASUS customer support and been directed to their website, I'm returning the board to Overclockers and going with a brand that possesses enough common decency to have a hotline.