This mornings effort :
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170513102137_1.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	11870  

Steam ID http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076851533/

And God said to John "come forth and recieve everlasting life " ...... but John came fifth and won a toaster
Old 13-05-17, 10:47 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
I just googled it. There's a set up database on http://projectcarssetups.eu or you can youtube car/track and a lot of people will have hotlaps on there that include their settings.

Depends on your driving style but it can be interesting. Some are more suited to controllers and others for steering wheels. I've noticed the controller setups tend to be more oversteer orientated. Fast turning and twitchy that you can catch with a fast thumb but on a wheel I end up in the wall. Or maybe that's just me...

Edit just watched bonkers lap and decided my gearing is too high. I also had a full tank. Rookie mistake.
1.5 seconds saved just there.
Only thing I have changed in my setup at the moment is the steering ratio since I use a wheel I need the lock to lock to be more responsive. I still think the default gearing is suited quite nice for the track.

I think Bonkers gearing is much more suited to controllers since it involves heavier braking. Something I can't do very well with my pedals. The brake pressure i need for 100% brake is insane. I need to either invest in a seat or rebind the brake to the clutch.
Old 13-05-17, 10:59 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Only thing I have changed in my setup at the moment is the steering ratio since I use a wheel I need the lock to lock to be more responsive. I still think the default gearing is suited quite nice for the track.

I think Bonkers gearing is much more suited to controllers since it involves heavier braking. Something I can't do very well with my pedals. The brake pressure i need for 100% brake is insane. I need to either invest in a seat or rebind the brake to the clutch.
use a G29 and after a couple of laps I have to adjust my seat or pedals again as they're just on the carpet. Possibly why I struggle to be clean for more than two or three laps. I might try the steering ratio and see what difference it makes. Rebounds and dampers are a mystery to me.

It's contagious - I'm already looking at getting a cockpit for my new place when I move. Preferably one that doubles as a flight sim rig.

Old 13-05-17, 11:06 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
use a G29 and after a couple of laps I have to adjust my seat or pedals again as they're just on the carpet. Possibly why I struggle to be clean for more than two or three laps. I might try the steering ratio and see what difference it makes. Rebounds and dampers are a mystery to me.

It's contagious - I'm already looking at getting a cockpit for my new place when I move. Preferably one that doubles as a flight sim rig.
im using the G920 so basically same as you. Set your car to default, adjust the steering ratio about 1:15:XX and those small chicanes won't have you trying to spin your wheel 900degrees. This part is where controllers get the advantage. But once you can get the steering ratio adjusted to your needs you will instantly shave a few seconds off your time.

rebounds and dampeners are just how fast/slow your shocks return to original position or how fast they compress. You can set it so hitting curbs has very little effect on you but you lose stability else where. You don't need to touch these until you are maxed out on your current setup and can't improve anymore.

Most noticeable difference with this car is the brake balance/brake pressure and gearing. Everything else will only shave milleseconds. I'm lapping 1:31:xx with default settings (excluding steering ratio) and I know i can go faster when I sort my issue you have. my chair pushes away from me when I brake.

All in all, relatively easy track. If I could spend more than an hour or two on weekends I could get 1:30:xx

I want to get a seat but I can't justify the price nor the space they take up.
Old 13-05-17, 12:38 PM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
I also had a full tank. Rookie mistake.
1.5 seconds saved just there.
Pay no attention to the Fuel load for time trial as it is fixed at 25L regardless of what you set it as.

Gears, suspention, tire pressures, and downforce are your key areas of focus for a truely quick lap.
Old 13-05-17, 12:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
im using the G920 so basically same as you. Set your car to default, adjust the steering ratio about 1:15:XX and those small chicanes won't have you trying to spin your wheel 900degrees. This part is where controllers get the advantage. But once you can get the steering ratio adjusted to your needs you will instantly shave a few seconds off your time.

rebounds and dampeners are just how fast/slow your shocks return to original position or how fast they compress. You can set it so hitting curbs has very little effect on you but you lose stability else where. You don't need to touch these until you are maxed out on your current setup and can't improve anymore.

Most noticeable difference with this car is the brake balance/brake pressure and gearing. Everything else will only shave milleseconds. I'm lapping 1:31:xx with default settings (excluding steering ratio) and I know i can go faster when I sort my issue you have. my chair pushes away from me when I brake.

All in all, relatively easy track. If I could spend more than an hour or two on weekends I could get 1:30:xx

I want to get a seat but I can't justify the price nor the space they take up.
Thanks for the tip - took another second off

Old 17-05-17, 01:21 AM
OC3D Elite

Oops I've been running but forgot to submit. This is my best lap by about a second and a half. Inconsistency is my middle name.

Old 17-05-17, 09:35 AM
OC3D Elite

Keep it up Jimmy! Im a little disappointed we dont have that many posting laps this month.
Old 17-05-17, 11:02 AM
OC3D Crew

I bought the game, but have never invested in a steering wheel, so it have been uninstalled again. But i thinking of giving it a go on my Nvidia Shield via Gamestream.
Anyone doing this, that can share some experiences?
Old 17-05-17, 11:06 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korreborg View Post
I bought the game, but have never invested in a steering wheel, so it have been uninstalled again.
You can use a controller matey

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla