Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Suggestions
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-16, 07:45 AM

Kudos?

Some really good and interesting posts in here. Some builds are beautiful and deserve credit. Just thought a kudos or like button would be cool?

I7 6700k @ 4.6-1.27v / Asus Pro / evga 980ti FTW / RMI 650 / 2 x Samsung EVO 850 / Corsair H115I aio / 2 x Corsair 8gb DDR4 lpx 3000 / NZXT S340 / Corsair Strafe rgb Browns / too many mice, Zowie fk2 mainly / Corsair H1500 headphones/ Asus PG279Q
Old 02-09-16, 08:15 AM
Hagrid Look-A-Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebel22 View Post
Some really good and interesting posts in here. Some builds are beautiful and deserve credit. Just thought a kudos or like button would be cool?
Personally, I'm not a fan of "liking" something. I believe in good old, if you like it, comment on the build and explain what you like/dislike and converse with whoever built it. In turn, that draws the other community members into a conversation.
Old 02-09-16, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilbane View Post
Personally, I'm not a fan of "liking" something. I believe in good old, if you like it, comment on the build and explain what you like/dislike and converse with whoever built it. In turn, that draws the other community members into a conversation.
I understand what your saying, but for the short while I've been here it seems mostly the seasoned few that comment! I think by allowing such a small appreciative token, will engage the ones that barely comment? Maybe they may then start to further engage? Just my opinion.
I7 6700k @ 4.6-1.27v / Asus Pro / evga 980ti FTW / RMI 650 / 2 x Samsung EVO 850 / Corsair H115I aio / 2 x Corsair 8gb DDR4 lpx 3000 / NZXT S340 / Corsair Strafe rgb Browns / too many mice, Zowie fk2 mainly / Corsair H1500 headphones/ Asus PG279Q
Old 02-09-16, 08:39 AM

We had one before, but it's not very good on this version of the forum.
Old 02-09-16, 08:43 AM
Hagrid Look-A-Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebel22 View Post
I understand what your saying, but for the short while I've been here it seems mostly the seasoned few that comment! I think by allowing such a small appreciative token, will engage the ones that barely comment? Maybe they may then start to further engage? Just my opinion.
Social media is a perfect example of how "liking" something does not increase comments. Look at any builds posted by the huge amount of tech orientated users. You can have thousands of likes on something with only a few hundred comments. Most of which will be users tagging other users.

I agree that having any form of "Kudos" on forums can be useful, especially when it comes to stroking egos. However I am very old school and believe in active participation in forums, in that respect, Post count is often a valid representation of active and genuine members.
Old 02-09-16, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
We had one before, but it's not very good on this version of the forum.
Shame, some excellent builds I've seen in here, some really old/great posts that I would feel a bit silly to comment on now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilbane View Post
Social media is a perfect example of how "liking" something does not increase comments. Look at any builds posted by the huge amount of tech orientated users. You can have thousands of likes on something with only a few hundred comments. Most of which will be users tagging other users.

I agree that having any form of "Kudos" on forums can be useful, especially when it comes to stroking egos. However I am very old school and believe in active participation in forums, in that respect, Post count is often a valid representation of active and genuine members.
I think stroking egos is not what I intended or wish to ever do. I too believe in active participation, look at me, I've been here 5 minutes and already posted-diarrhoea (bored on holiday). I have a condition that my brain has no filter and never mean to offend, but can guarantee I've already put people off. Just thinking out of the box for ways to make this a more a lively-community forum rather than a selective library of sorts.

Double post. Sorry
Old 02-09-16, 08:50 AM
OC3D Elite

Just makes people lazy IMO. One of the forums I use has a reputation system though and that's good. You can leave people rep for helping you etc and it's displayed under your username in green blocks.

Old 02-09-16, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Just makes people lazy IMO. One of the forums I use has a reputation system though and that's good. You can leave people rep for helping you etc and it's displayed under your username in green blocks.
Call me stupid, but I can get a drop down box but no rep is offered or displayed?
Old 02-09-16, 11:04 AM
The Webmaster

Been asked and tried before, a quick search would show the requests, and the answers.
We turned it on for a bit but last time it turned into a big penis flapping contest and was immediately abused. Which after the work required to fit it into the theme and whatnot, was a bit of a kick in the balls.
So I'm afraid it's still a no.
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 02-09-16, 02:30 PM
The Guvnor

I seem to remember someone not liking the idea and then going out of their way to ruin it though.... Much like many other things.

Get along or run along. Your choice
Closed Thread