Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 12-01-16, 12:34 PM

Man, this is awesome! You nailed the bending!

Old 12-01-16, 12:44 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Modz View Post
Which part are you referring to? The top of the S Frame does slant off to the left hand side.
I was referring to the part with the red arrow pointing to it. Like this.

I'd never seen the S Frame before so I Googled it and the pic I saw was taken 'top down' so it looked like the part I've pointed to with the red arrow was level with the part I've pointed to with the green arrow. Just Googled it again and you've got it spot on.

I've looked at the pics full sized and the only faults I can really spot are that you have a 'bend bulge' here -

But I have worked with Acrylic and heat and I know it's totally skittish and has a mind of its own (constantly wanting to go back into its original shape as plastic does) so that't not an issue.

Other than that you have a few rough edges but nothing that spot putty wouldn't fix.

You're definitely a braver man that I so I laud your work so far

Old 13-01-16, 01:27 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I was referring to the part with the red arrow pointing to it. Like this.

I'd never seen the S Frame before so I Googled it and the pic I saw was taken 'top down' so it looked like the part I've pointed to with the red arrow was level with the part I've pointed to with the green arrow. Just Googled it again and you've got it spot on.

I've looked at the pics full sized and the only faults I can really spot are that you have a 'bend bulge' here -

But I have worked with Acrylic and heat and I know it's totally skittish and has a mind of its own (constantly wanting to go back into its original shape as plastic does) so that't not an issue.

Other than that you have a few rough edges but nothing that spot putty wouldn't fix.

You're definitely a braver man that I so I laud your work so far
Thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback

That first part does drop down into a small v shape and yeah that bend bulge is a bit off I tried to start correcting it and it wasn't going to work and top risk the whole piece for that one issue wasn't worth it. But yeah the OCD in me starts twitching.
Old 13-01-16, 01:29 AM

The Mini S is now Black, next up will be the radiator mount in a nice Cherry Red.

Old 13-01-16, 02:21 AM
OC3D Elite

You banged that out in 2 HOURS?!?!? Jeebus, that would take me 2 years IF I had proper training! And I'd STILL mess it up!!

Old 13-01-16, 04:17 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
You banged that out in 2 HOURS?!?!? Jeebus, that would take me 2 years IF I had proper training! And I'd STILL mess it up!!
Yeah the bending took 2 hours a huge amount of time was spent working out all the maths for the scaling and then making the stencil etc. I haven't had any proper training i have done a few perspex bends before but nothing like this.
Old 13-01-16, 12:43 PM
OC3D Elite

You're very welcome on the feedback.

I would not have painted it shiny or satin though. It just highlights all of the issues with the bending process.

That said it will probably look far better once everything is in there, but I would still have chosen flat/matt to paint it with. I just think it would dull down the bends rather than showing them off so much.

Old 13-01-16, 12:45 PM
OC3D Elite

As Alien said, the bulge is a shame, especially now it has got the black paint on, it shows so much more.

Other than that, I like this project and will definitely follow it

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 13-01-16, 11:43 PM

Yesterday I made the radiator mount out of perspex with a aluminium backing for support. I also started the vinyl work.

Over the next few days ill be finishing the IO and making a mounting bracket for the PSU as well as the pump.
Old 30-01-16, 11:05 AM

It's been a while since my last post and I have some exciting news! I'm now sponsored by Asus and they have kindly sent me out a Asus Z170i - Pro Gaming Motherboard build for this build.

Here are a few pics of the Z170i Pro Gaming Motherboard

Over the next few days ill be installing the board and GPU and positioning fixtures for the tubing.

Tags
custom case, modding