Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 27-08-15, 08:09 AM

The ticket is 6665706. Thanks mate.

I almosted posted it to Bolton yesterday morning before calling about the express RMA.. But it was hammering it down outside!

Old 27-08-15, 05:09 PM
OC3D Elite

Thanks man. Alright, I'll work with our customer service and see if they can make changes on your shipping process. You will get an email from them later on today with the result.

If you have questions about it, let me know.
Old 27-08-15, 05:10 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemac View Post
You can always count on Mr Grey beard to sort this out dude he really looks after us forumites
Agreed, He's a top guy, A credit to Corsair
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -
Old 16-10-15, 12:54 PM

Hi guys, I'm not sure if it's the right place to comment, still new to this forum malarkey myself... I had my ax1200i hard shutdown last night. It still refuses to co-operate after a night of being unplugged. Have yet to start the warranty process as the only copy of the receipt I have is stored on the same rig it's fitted in.

How long are we looking for turn around and is there a UK number I can call? Thanks in advance guys

edit: the max I've ever pulled from this psu is around the 500w mark. Was on the forums when it went ironically. Can post Pc specs if needed
Old 16-10-15, 06:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonite View Post
Hi guys, I'm not sure if it's the right place to comment, still new to this forum malarkey myself... I had my ax1200i hard shutdown last night. It still refuses to co-operate after a night of being unplugged. Have yet to start the warranty process as the only copy of the receipt I have is stored on the same rig it's fitted in.

How long are we looking for turn around and is there a UK number I can call? Thanks in advance guys

edit: the max I've ever pulled from this psu is around the 500w mark. Was on the forums when it went ironically. Can post Pc specs if needed
Sometimes it is just bad luck. I own seven 1200i PSUs and have found once they are up and running in a PC they are very reliable.

I once blew up a 1200i using a GTX 960 but as I say it was just bad luck.

Grey_beard is absolutely first class and will have your problem sorted out in no time.

GTX 960 owner and proud of it.
Old 16-10-15, 06:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Hi Simpsonite,
Sorry to hear that. It does sound like the PSU is dead, but just out of curiosity, have you done any troubleshooting method to find out if its really the PSU and not something else? Have you tried the power on self-test? Make sure to unplug all the connectors from the PSU before you do that test.

As for the RMA process, you'll need to figure out how to get a copy of the receipt, because that's the first thing they'll ask you provide when you submit an RMA request. Anyway you source a spare PSU in the meantime?

You will need to call our US office if you would like to request an Express RMA. But we do have a UK depot that processes RMAs in that region, so turn around will be relatively quick.
Old 16-10-15, 07:34 PM

Hi kaapstad and greybeard,
Thanks for the info, I pulled the psu when I got home. Pushing the self test button (with no cables plugged in) resulted in a click. Holding the button down however the fan spins up and the green light illuminates. Rwmoved all the cables from my rig and plugged them into the psu without anything on t'other end. Self test failed, trying the cables one by one (self test passed) until I found the culprit, the main 24pin motherboard cable has died. Is it possible to send out a replacement save the hassle of boxing up the entire psu and sending back to rma ? Will plug my hard drive into the workshop computer see if I can get the receipt off it

Edit: is there a UK public contact number for the rma folks?
Thanks again
Old 16-10-15, 07:48 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaapstad View Post
Sometimes it is just bad luck. I own seven 1200i PSUs and have found once they are up and running in a PC they are very reliable.

I once blew up a 1200i using a GTX 960 but as I say it was just bad luck.

Grey_beard is absolutely first class and will have your problem sorted out in no time.
You only need another PSU around 600w and you'll be over 9000

- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -
Old 16-10-15, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
You only need another PSU around 600w and you'll be over 9000
Haha brilliant!
Old 16-10-15, 09:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaapstad View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonite View Post
Hi kaapstad and greybeard,
Thanks for the info, I pulled the psu when I got home. Pushing the self test button (with no cables plugged in) resulted in a click. Holding the button down however the fan spins up and the green light illuminates. Rwmoved all the cables from my rig and plugged them into the psu without anything on t'other end. Self test failed, trying the cables one by one (self test passed) until I found the culprit, the main 24pin motherboard cable has died. Is it possible to send out a replacement save the hassle of boxing up the entire psu and sending back to rma ? Will plug my hard drive into the workshop computer see if I can get the receipt off it

Edit: is there a UK public contact number for the rma folks?
Thanks again
There you go! excellent trouble shooting. Yes, we can send you a 24pin cable replacement, and you don't have to do provide invoice if go that route. Submit a ticket and post it back here and I'll personally approve it for you. You can go to Corsair.force.com to create your ticket.

Unfortunately, we do not have a UK support group, they are all here in US. sorry