Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 20-08-15, 06:07 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
This is lovely and all, but why didn't you just save everyone the trouble, and put the caps on the inside of the PSU before the outgoing connectors to save everyone the headache and messy cables?

I honestly don't see the logic?
That'd be awesome if we have those caps inside the PSU so the cables would look nice and neat. Problem is, that will defeat the whole purpose of effectively suppressing ripple on load. So basically, the farther the caps are from the load (closer to the PSU), the lesser its effect is.

Old 20-08-15, 06:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_beard View Post
That'd be awesome if we have those caps inside the PSU so the cables would look nice and neat. Problem is, that will defeat the whole purpose of effectively suppressing ripple on load. So basically, the farther the caps are from the load (closer to the PSU), the lesser its effect is.
So really these caps should be on the motherboard

JR
Old 20-08-15, 06:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Deleted
Old 20-08-15, 06:28 PM
OC3D Elite

lol sorry I meant to send that message via personal email. wrong copy and paste
Old 20-08-15, 07:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Doesn't matter from a performance perspective where they put them, but from a cosmetic point of view I'd say half way along the cable. Reason being, you can usually see both ends where they plug into the motherboard and PSU, but the middle of the cable is usually hidden behind the motherboard tray.

My consultancy fee is very reasonable, an invoice will be with you shortly.
Old 21-08-15, 08:04 AM
The Webmaster

Okay, so the closer to the end of the cable they are, the better right? So design a connector at the end that plugs into stuff that's perhaps a little extended (but for christ sake not ugly) and incorporates the Cap in there?

I get the reasoning now, and that's fine, but the implementation.. frankly.. stinks? I mean just bunging some caps in the middle of cable seems like such an afterthought. Any old idiot can do that in a few minutes.

You're Corsair, you have a brand that is dipping it's toes in to, lets face it, EVERYTHING.

You have the resources to make this implementation 100x better that just soldering a flippin' cap into the middle of a cable... You can do better.
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 21-08-15, 08:29 AM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Okay, so the closer to the end of the cable they are, the better right? So design a connector at the end that plugs into stuff that's perhaps a little extended (but for christ sake not ugly) and incorporates the Cap in there?

I get the reasoning now, and that's fine, but the implementation.. frankly.. stinks? I mean just bunging some caps in the middle of cable seems like such an afterthought. Any old idiot can do that in a few minutes.

You're Corsair, you have a brand that is dipping it's toes in to, lets face it, EVERYTHING.

You have the resources to make this implementation 100x better that just soldering a flippin' cap into the middle of a cable... You can do better.

Its actually quite a difficult thing to do. Caps like this are the reason the superflower units have been performing so well

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 21-08-15, 10:13 AM
The Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Its actually quite a difficult thing to do. Caps like this are the reason the superflower units have been performing so well
Difficult for Corsair-has-its-fingers-in-all-the-pies ?
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 21-08-15, 10:35 AM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Difficult for Corsair-has-its-fingers-in-all-the-pies ?
Pretty much aye - its the cost of manufacture matey. This isnt something you can automate

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 21-08-15, 04:22 PM
Resident Newb

I don't see what the big deal is myself, Making a mountain out of mole hill, You can't see them at all
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -