Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 05-05-15, 02:16 AM

the pump on my h100i gtx (installed today) makes this exact same noise in quiet mode, hardly quiet lol. its like a constant loud ticking or clicking. its more annoying than even performance mode

Old 05-05-15, 05:43 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Td0g View Post
the pump on my h100i gtx (installed today) makes this exact same noise in quiet mode, hardly quiet lol. its like a constant loud ticking or clicking. its more annoying than even performance mode
Do you mind posting your pump's rpm on both quite and performance mode?

And are you certain that its coming from the pump and not your fans?
Old 05-05-15, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_beard View Post
Do you mind posting your pump's rpm on both quite and performance mode?

And are you certain that its coming from the pump and not your fans?
Hi,
Its definately not my fans, it doesnt sound anything like a fan. Also my pc was silent before i bought and fitted the h100i gtx (i run my case fans at very low rpm), the sound is driving me nuts lol.

quiet mode pump: 1740
performance mode pump: 2850

Im taking the h100i gtx out of my computer tomorrow as i dont want to risk damage to system if the pump is faulty

thanks for the help
Old 06-05-15, 04:08 PM

This is slightly worrying, I'm about to purchase one of these, should I hold off for the result of this investigation?

Posts merged - Please don't double post

I know this is a naughty double post but there hasn't been any update on this yet and I wanted to bump the thread back up, apologies but I am concerned.

Reason for this is I have used a h100 pump and I had to get a slight voltage step down to stop a rather annoying rattling sound. I'd rather not have to go through these issues again.
Old 07-05-15, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrlaltdenied View Post
I know this is a naughty double post but there hasn't been any update on this yet and I wanted to bump the thread back up, apologies but I am concerned.

Reason for this is I have used a h100 pump and I had to get a slight voltage step down to stop a rather annoying rattling sound. I'd rather not have to go through these issues again.
I've found the pump very annoying, i had to remove it after one day of use. It could just be a rare one off but, quiet mode makes a right racket it's worse than performance mode. Id hold off and wait for word from corsair. Im returning mine for a refund because pump sounds super dodgy. Id hold off personally
Old 07-05-15, 06:09 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
quiet mode pump: 1740
performance mode pump: 2850
Those rpms are where they should be, so we know the pump is running within its spec.

Quote:
I've found the pump very annoying, i had to remove it after one day of use. It could just be a rare one off but, quiet mode makes a right racket it's worse than performance mode. Id hold off and wait for word from corsair. Im returning mine for a refund because pump sounds super dodgy. Id hold off personally
Exactly what I would do, return it to the reseller and have it swapped out for a new one. I am sure that you just had a bad unit out of the box.
Old 11-05-15, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Those rpms are where they should be, so we know the pump is running within its spec.

Exactly what I would do, return it to the reseller and have it swapped out for a new one. I am sure that you just had a bad unit out of the box.
Thanks for the help,
Im certain this noise isnt normal. Ive just processed a return with scan.
Thanks for the help.
As for anyone else i wouldn't hold off on buying these units as they are beautiful and the performance is great even in quiet mode. I think i must have just received a defective one. I dont want to marr the h100i gtx with my bad experience

Posts merged - Please don't double post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrlaltdenied View Post

Hi, just a quick note to say i think mine was defective and i would imagine it is pretty rare so i wouldnt worry about purchasing.
Old 11-05-15, 08:15 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Thanks for the help,
Im certain this noise isnt normal. Ive just processed a return with scan.
Thanks for the help.
As for anyone else i wouldn't hold off on buying these units as they are beautiful and the performance is great even in quiet mode. I think i must have just received a defective one. I dont want to marr the h100i gtx with my bad experience
I really appreciate the honesty. it's just unfortunate that your cooler was defective from the get go.

If you need assistance of some sort that concerns Corsair, you're always welcome to contact me directly
Old 14-05-15, 02:14 PM

Quote:
I really appreciate the honesty. it's just unfortunate that your cooler was defective from the get go.

If you need assistance of some sort that concerns Corsair, you're always welcome to contact me directly
ok i must really apologise now!
i took my h100i gtx out and fitted a nh d15, thinking the h100i gtx was to blame for the noise i suddenly started hearing upon fitting it. At the same time as fitting the h100igtx, i fitted silent case fans and dropped their rpm to almost inaudible.
I have realised since fitting a nh d15 that the noise i attributed to the h100i gtx was actually the dodgy built in fan controller on my arc midi r2. Unplugging the molex from that completely removes the noise.
I must apologise massively to corsair for talking crap about their product, when in fact it was my own fault and poor investigation skills. The noise must have been their before the h100i gtx was fitted, i just didnt notice it because my case fans were so loud.
So yep really sorry corsair, and to anyone i made question their purchase. Im also sad now as i have two expensive cpu coolers sat on my desk! sorry again
Old 14-05-15, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_uk View Post
Yup, all hooked up to Link.

Been on Quiet mode the whole time, sitting at 1700 RPM or so. Performance mode can be heard from another room almost.
You have a second problem.

Quiet mode at 1700 RPM? It should be around 900 RPM. Unless you are talking about the pump.

I must say that I cannot tell any difference in noise levels between "Quiet" and "Performance" on the pump on mine, so I leave the pump at 3000.

Will leaving the pump at 3000 cause any longevity issues?
The Legendary Black Beast of Aaargh!: i7-4790K, Delidded, CLU/CLU TIMs, 4.6 GHz @ 1.275Vcore (24/7), 32GB DDR3-2400, Corsair H100i GTX, Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK, MSI Radeon RX 480 Gaming 4G @ 1440 MHz +78mV, Corsair Obsidian 750D

OC3D Overclockers Club Member Nr. #063