Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 20-03-15, 07:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Hi Ryan,
Do you mind providing the lot # of that cooler? Also if you can include your system full spec, that'd be awesome.

We are trying to gather as much info as possible to see if we can identify a pattern. Much appreciated man.

Old 21-03-15, 06:02 PM

Sure thing , 550515068730 or just 15068730 right?

Asus Maximus VII Hero
i7 4790k 4Ghz
8Gb Hyperx Fury 1866 DDR3
MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
250Gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD
Corsair HX750i
W7 Pro 64 bit

Worth returning it for now Grey?.. Got it from Scan and I believe you share the same RMA address now so I guess it'd be a smooth process.
Old 22-03-15, 12:15 AM

Just recieved my H100i GTX and i have the same issue, expect when i boot up i also get a "CPU fan error" most of the time

Fans spin and it seems to cool once i get to desktop but the pump noise is a very very loug grinding/clicking. Even on quiet mode it can be heard from the next room

Very disappointed - same lot # as Ryan_uk

Upgraded from a H75 which was perfect
Old 23-03-15, 10:41 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_uk View Post
Sure thing , 550515068730 or just 15068730 right?

Asus Maximus VII Hero
i7 4790k 4Ghz
8Gb Hyperx Fury 1866 DDR3
MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
250Gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD
Corsair HX750i
W7 Pro 64 bit

Worth returning it for now Grey?.. Got it from Scan and I believe you share the same RMA address now so I guess it'd be a smooth process.
Much appreciated Ryan. Yes, go ahead and return it and get a replacement. Correct, Scan is acting as our hub over there in the UK for RMA. It should be a painless process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rou View Post
Just recieved my H100i GTX and i have the same issue, expect when i boot up i also get a "CPU fan error" most of the time

Fans spin and it seems to cool once i get to desktop but the pump noise is a very very loug grinding/clicking. Even on quiet mode it can be heard from the next room

Upgraded from a H75 which was perfect
Sorry to hear that rou.. but thanks for the video and lot # feedback. It will surely help us track if this issue is specific to a certain lot.

btw, "CPU fan error" normally happens when you don't have a fan/pump connected to your CPU_fan header on your mobo. Did you have the pump connected to the CPU_fan header at that time?
Old 23-03-15, 11:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rou View Post

Sorry I forgot to ask your system spec rou. I hope you don't mind providing it as I am cataloging each cases that we see in the field. Thanks in advaance
Old 26-03-15, 11:17 PM

Pump was connected to the cpu_fan header, the fans were spinning.

Once i re-installed me H75 the error went away.

I have returned the H100i gtx to the seller who seems reluctant to replace/refund.

My system is very similar to Ryans

Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO Z97
i7 4790k
HyperX Savage 16GB 2400MHz DDR3
MSI GTX 970 Frozt

Cheers
James
Old 26-03-15, 11:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Thanks James. It might have been sensor issue from the pump. but that does not explain the grinding noise.

I'll pass your spec along to our validation team for issue replication.

Not sure why the reseller would feel reluctant in replacing the unit, as I have seen replacements with dead silent pump and worded out for the customer in the end.
Old 29-03-15, 01:41 AM

Hey James, funnily enough I had the cpu-fan error myself on the initial boot, pump/fans running just nothing being detected in bios/link. Going into the Bios and switching cpu-fan control from DC to PWM mode was how I fixed it and everything was then detected fine. Maybe too late now but just thought I'd mention it seeing as our rigs are practically the same

Hope you get your replacement sorted, only just getting round to sorting mine , I'll chime back in when I have any news.
Old 29-03-15, 12:16 PM
OC3D Elite

I had the same problem when I put my H100i gtx in, link didn't detect it I went to reinstall link but instead did the repair option and it worked fine
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 30-03-15, 06:41 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
I had the same problem when I put my H100i gtx in, link didn't detect it I went to reinstall link but instead did the repair option and it worked fine
In most cases, by far this is the most common method to fix a detection issue. Uninstall Corsair link then re-install. That simple method works wonders for many C Link users