Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 21-01-15, 03:51 PM
Resident Newb

H115i GTX ?

Looking at the new GT and GTX lineup of coolers got me thinking, If GTX is the top and GT is sort of the middle, Will there be a cooler that is greater than the H110i GT ?

Would make sense to have maybe a H115i GTX rather than have it stop at the H110i GT, Maybe the H110i but with a thicker radiator and call it the H115i GTX.

- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -
Old 22-01-15, 11:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Hhhmmm, I really don't know if that model (GTX) exist. I have no information about that.

H115i GTX?? It's a good suggestion - would probably make sense, but George has his own way when naming our coolers.
Old 22-01-15, 11:26 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_beard View Post
Hhhmmm, I really don't know if that model (GTX) exist. I have no information about that.

H115i GTX?? It's a good suggestion - would probably make sense, but George has his own way when naming our coolers.
Maybe the H115i could be a replacement for the H105
Old 23-01-15, 06:19 AM
OC3D Elite

If you decide to do a GTX variant then please make them 60mm thick.
Old 23-01-15, 10:16 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_beard View Post

Uhoh is George in charge What doesn't make sense at the moment is that the inherently best performing variant is just GT whereas middle of the range one is GTX. It's not clear what the 'X' denotes and as it normaly signifies the top of the range in performance terms one would expect an even bigger version, be it a H115i, H150i... etc to have the GTX suffix and head the line-up in size and performance terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
Maybe the H115i could be a replacement for the H105
I think Dice just made it up to imply a superior model, a H105 refresh would just be a H105i GT surely. Corsair's numbering generally ranks products in terms of volume like with cases, a 240mm even being thicker is unlikely to outperform a 280mm. Maybe a thicker 280 or a 360 would be the next logical step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
If you decide to do a GTX variant then please make them 60mm thick.
Can't see it, it would be expensive to make while only offering a small performance gain and for those reasons combined I can't see it smashing reviews or winning hearts among the masses. Ultimately it would just limit compatibility too, there's no replacement for frontal area, 360 ftw, especially now an array of Corsair cases could take a 30mm 360.

JR
Old 23-01-15, 12:18 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR23 View Post
What doesn't make sense at the moment is that the inherently best performing variant is just GT whereas middle of the range one is GTX. It's not clear what the 'X' denotes and as it normaly signifies the top of the range in performance terms one would expect an even bigger version

JR
This right here, The naming scheme makes no sense and signifies that there should be a model above the H110i GT i.e H110i GTX, Maybe with a thicker rad.

Please pass these thoughts on to good old George please bud, Even if it just ends up with us getting an explanation to clear the confusion
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -
Old 26-01-15, 09:28 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
This right here, The naming scheme makes no sense and signifies that there should be a model above the H110i GT i.e H110i GTX, Maybe with a thicker rad.

Please pass these thoughts on to good old George please bud, Even if it just ends up with us getting an explanation to clear the confusion
I surely will. These model #s does get confusing at some point, especially as we pile up more cooling products. A letter indicator (good, better, best) would be a good start - something consistent within the AIO cooler product line.
Old 12-02-15, 12:38 AM
OC3D Elite

Dice! DICE! Bro, i've just noticed. Only the H100i GTX is pictured with interchangeable grey/red/blue accents whereas the H110i GT and H80i GT are not. While it doesn't rule out the possibility of another bigger GTX model it certainly explains the current designation.

Why Greybeard or TTL didn't kind of say that already IDK. Maybe I just ruined the H100i GTX NDA Sorry, the pics were on Corsairs website.

JR
Old 12-02-15, 12:41 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Dice! DICE! Bro, i've just noticed. Only the H100i GTX is pictured with interchangeable grey/red/blue accents whereas the H110i GT and H80i GT are not. While it doesn't rule out the possibility of another bigger GTX model it certainly explains the current designation.

Why Greybeard or TTL didn't kind of say that already IDK. Maybe I just ruined the H100i GTX NDA Sorry, the pics were on Corsairs website.

JR
Hehe, rushing out of excitment there almost weren't you JR?
Old 12-02-15, 05:39 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:

JR
You know the rules but yeah its up there already. PR was done last Tue (10th)