Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 15-12-14, 06:17 PM

Exclamation Corsair 250D and a 240mm Rad?

I am currently building a system using the Corsair 250D as a case. So far the thing has been wonderful, but I am trumped by something. I am wanting to fit a full custom watercooling loop, with a duel 80mm, a 140mm and a 240mm radiator. But I was wondering what the maximum thickness 240 radiator I can jam in there with a push configured fan system? I'll be using Noctua NF-F12's. Thanks.

Old 15-12-14, 06:40 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSKzz View Post
I am currently building a system using the Corsair 250D as a case. So far the thing has been wonderful, but I am trumped by something. I am wanting to fit a full custom watercooling loop, with a duel 80mm, a 140mm and a 240mm radiator. But I was wondering what the maximum thickness 240 radiator I can jam in there with a push configured fan system? I'll be using Noctua NF-F12's. Thanks.

You have the case..........fit the motherboard/psu and graphics card..........you can then use a tape measure to work that out.
Main Rig-Intel i7 2600K @4.4Ghz-Gigabyte P67 UD7-Asus 6950 Direct cu11-16gig Mushkin 2133mhz Redline Ridgeback-Corsair AX860i-Corsair Obsidian 800D-Bitfenix/Noiseblocker Fans-Custom CPU water cooling loop.
Folding Rig- AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition-Corsair H100i-Asus Crosshair-EVGA GTX560Ti 448 core Classified-8gig Crucial Ballistix Tracer-Corsair AX850-Coolermaster Cosmos S-Corsair case fans.

Old 15-12-14, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mArTyN View Post
You have the case..........fit the motherboard/psu and graphics card..........you can then use a tape measure to work that out.
Ahh I didn't mention that I don't have my motherboard yet. As it has to come from the US, so it'll take a few weeks to get here.
Old 15-12-14, 07:21 PM
OC3D Crew

Try this, Tom is very thorough on these thing's

hope this helps,
mArTyN
Main Rig-Intel i7 2600K @4.4Ghz-Gigabyte P67 UD7-Asus 6950 Direct cu11-16gig Mushkin 2133mhz Redline Ridgeback-Corsair AX860i-Corsair Obsidian 800D-Bitfenix/Noiseblocker Fans-Custom CPU water cooling loop.
Folding Rig- AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition-Corsair H100i-Asus Crosshair-EVGA GTX560Ti 448 core Classified-8gig Crucial Ballistix Tracer-Corsair AX850-Coolermaster Cosmos S-Corsair case fans.

Old 15-12-14, 07:36 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
As far as I know, a single set of fans (on one side of the radiator, either push or pull) on an H100i is fine... a 30mm thick rad is possible, with a single set of fans, although it's very very tight and is not recommended.
So I would say a 25mm 240 rad is a go for you, as I believe that is how thick an H100i is?...

For the front 140 though, you can go quite thick if you want, as there is quite a lot of space in between the front fan and the motherboard.
And yes, I have the case myself, using it as my main PC... although, will get another case and send this one back as I'm not 100% satisfied with it.

Hope this helped you, feel free to ask anything else and I'll do my best to try and help you.

Regards,
Chrazey
Old 15-12-14, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
As far as I know, a single set of fans (on one side of the radiator, either push or pull) on an H100i is fine... a 30mm thick rad is possible, with a single set of fans, although it's very very tight and is not recommended.
So I would say a 25mm 240 rad is a go for you, as I believe that is how thick an H100i is?...

For the front 140 though, you can go quite thick if you want, as there is quite a lot of space in between the front fan and the motherboard.
And yes, I have the case myself, using it as my main PC... although, will get another case and send this one back as I'm not 100% satisfied with it.

Hope this helped you, feel free to ask anything else and I'll do my best to try and help you.

Regards,
Chrazey
Thank you, helped me a lot. I'm going to shove an Alphacool Monster 140mm rad in the front, as well as a slim 240 in the side and going to ditch the twin 80mm radiator. Just have fans for better airflow.

Just being curious, what points do you not see fit with your case?

----------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mArTyN View Post

Try this, Tom is very thorough on these thing's

hope this helps,
mArTyN
Ahh yes why didn't I think of looking at Mr. Logan lol.
Thanks so much
Old 17-12-14, 07:13 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post

Regards,
Chrazey
Sorry to hear that. If you don't mind me asking, what part of the case made you decide to send it back?
Old 17-12-14, 08:28 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Thank you, helped me a lot. I'm going to shove an Alphacool Monster 140mm rad in the front, as well as a slim 240 in the side and going to ditch the twin 80mm radiator. Just have fans for better airflow.

Just being curious, what points do you not see fit with your case?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_beard View Post
Sorry to hear that. If you don't mind me asking, what part of the case made you decide to send it back?
No worries dude, glad to help out!

And that's absolutely no worries, to answer both of your questions:

This was basically a "try buy" for me, meaning that I only got the 250D to try it out and see if it would actually serve me etc.

I actually had another case in mind before this one, which was the Corsair Graphite 380T, which I will switch to next week hopefully... I'm just a more mesh type of guy, I like the handle on the 380T, and that it's basically only mesh.
And the main reason for it, is that I can fit my H100i in there and still have my 200mm fan, which I unfortunately can't in the 250D.

Hope that answered your questions
Old 18-12-14, 05:32 PM
OC3D Crew

Hi,

I wanted to ask a question about the 250D - I was unsure if I had to start a new thread or if I could post it here. If I am breaking any rules then just delete my comment and I will make a new thread.

My question is if anyone with the case could pls tell me what the distance in cm it is from the bottom of the case to UNDER a standard 780?

I would use the same block xspc as in the picture but I would need to know If I could place a small res under the card.

Old 19-12-14, 01:05 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Governour View Post
Hi,

I wanted to ask a question about the 250D - I was unsure if I had to start a new thread or if I could post it here. If I am breaking any rules then just delete my comment and I will make a new thread.

My question is if anyone with the case could pls tell me what the distance in cm it is from the bottom of the case to UNDER a standard 780?

I would use the same block xspc as in the picture but I would need to know If I could place a small res under the card.

Umm... distance under a standard 780?, sorry, but can't help you on that front since I have an 6950 in there.

Tags
250d, watercooling