Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 09-08-14, 08:48 AM
OC3D Crew

led's dying on my k70

i have just noticed that 2 of the led's have died on my k70 mx blues, i bought this on amazon in jan/feb(ish) what can i do to get it fixed?

just taken a keycap off the faulty led, and the led is lit, sort of, but not enough to light up the key, kinda shocking on such an expensive keyboard

Old 09-08-14, 11:56 AM
Suspended By Request of Police

You should have no problems with RMA. It is very common for leds to die in corsair keyboards. the led on your keyboard is on the edge of burning out
Old 09-08-14, 02:27 PM
OC3D Crew

The thing I don't get tho. Is the ones that have died. Are not exactly commonly pressed
Old 09-08-14, 02:56 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by garih View Post
The thing I don't get tho. Is the ones that have died. Are not exactly commonly pressed
You don't press the LED. If you take the keycap off you see that the LED is positioned above the actual switch that you press. It's just a 'matter of time' thing I guess. It's completely random.

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 09-08-14, 04:18 PM
Resident Newb

This is normal with Corsair keyboards of late sadly, I've gone through 3 x K95's myself, Each with random dead LED's.

Setup an RMA through their support site -

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

Setup a ticket and if it's within warranty it should get replaced.
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -
Old 11-08-14, 07:00 PM
OC3D Elite

Sorry to hear that garih. Unfortunately, they're right. This dead LED issue is an ongoing problem and its completely random. We've seen cases where customers have had their KB for a year or so, not single LED dead. And we've seen cases where it has happened within a week period. Best is to get your KB replaced.

like what Dicehunter suggested, submit an RMA and we'll get you a replacement in no time. Send me the ticket # when you get one.
Old 11-08-14, 08:27 PM

garih, I am having the same problem. If it was one or two of the LED's I myself would have no problem. I am on the pace where at least one a week is going out, 17 at the moment. My keyboard is about one year old. All was fine for about 7 months then they started going pretty fast. I am trying to find my receipt so that I can RMA. I have also had the LED on my h100i go also, all it has is red. I would say Corsair is having a problem with their LED's.
Old 11-08-14, 09:05 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
garih, I am having the same problem. If it was one or two of the LED's I myself would have no problem. I am on the pace where at least one a week is going out, 17 at the moment. My keyboard is about one year old. All was fine for about 7 months then they started going pretty fast. I am trying to find my receipt so that I can RMA. I have also had the LED on my h100i go also, all it has is red. I would say Corsair is having a problem with their LED's.
Sadly this has become the norm with Corsair keyboards of late, Follow the link I posted above to setup an RMA.
Old 12-08-14, 12:06 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_beard View Post
Sorry to hear that garih. Unfortunately, they're right. This dead LED issue is an ongoing problem and its completely random. We've seen cases where customers have had their KB for a year or so, not single LED dead. And we've seen cases where it has happened within a week period. Best is to get your KB replaced.

like what Dicehunter suggested, submit an RMA and we'll get you a replacement in no time. Send me the ticket # when you get one.
RMA process is running, no. 6504882

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
geez, thats a bit bad, i hope this is not the sign of thing to come for me, on ther other hand tho, i do have the order info to help me get it RMA'd, im just dreading the next 18 months of the warranty, god knows how many keyboards im gonna go thru,

------------

erm, how much is coorsair expecting me to pay for shipping to return this faulty item??? recorded to the netherlands??? really??
it will cost me £38 to ship it using royal mail. cmon, this is not even funny, i am better off contacting amazon to return it to them (done, they are giving me a full refund)
Old 12-08-14, 06:24 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by garih View Post
erm, how much is coorsair expecting me to pay for shipping to return this faulty item??? recorded to the netherlands??? really??
it will cost me £38 to ship it using royal mail. cmon, this is not even funny, i am better off contacting amazon to return it to them
Corsair really does need a department in the UK.