Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 09-07-14, 09:45 PM
Permafrost's Avatar
Permafrost Permafrost is offline
Compo Whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 2,035
dead K60

hi guys my corsair K60 keyboard has just dyed on me.

i turned off my pc, went to the shops come back turn on my pc and the motherboard on start up said "no keyboard detected"

i've plugging it in to 2 other pc's and nothing
i've tried updating it and does not even show up
i've tried changing the usb ports on all 3 pc's nothing
none of the pc's even register there has been something plugged into it.
i have no idea what to do...

can someone help me out?

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-07-14, 12:45 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Newbsville
Posts: 13,456
Probably just died bud, Happened with me also on my first K95, Turned on my PC 1 morning and the keyboard was dead, No lights, Was not recognized, Nothing.

It passed away quietly in the night and went to Cherry MX heaven

Best off making a ticket on their support site.

Link for you - http://corsair.force.com/
__________________
- Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5GHz - Asus ROG Max XI Hero -
- Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 4x8GB @ 3600MHz -
- WD Black SN750 1TB - RTX 2080 Ti @ 2000/7500 -
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-07-14, 01:37 PM
Permafrost's Avatar
Permafrost Permafrost is offline
Compo Whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 2,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Probably just died bud, Happened with me also on my first K95, Turned on my PC 1 morning and the keyboard was dead, No lights, Was not recognized, Nothing.

It passed away quietly in the night and went to Cherry MX heaven

Best off making a ticket on their support site.

Link for you - http://corsair.force.com/
cherry MX heaven lol

yeah i've put in for in rma last night after metrobaz sorted out a temp keyboard.... just don't feel right going back to a cheapo dell mesh keyboard.....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-07-14, 06:12 PM
Grey_beard's Avatar
Grey_beard Grey_beard is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Corsair HQ
Posts: 1,076
Sounds like Dice is right, it's probably dead. Have you tried flashing the FW and see if it gets detected?

I've sent you a PM regarding the ticket..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-07-14, 06:30 PM
Permafrost's Avatar
Permafrost Permafrost is offline
Compo Whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 2,035
yeah i tried that on 3 different pc's the FW updater didn't even show there was a keyboard plugged in
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-07-14, 06:51 PM
Grey_beard's Avatar
Grey_beard Grey_beard is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Corsair HQ
Posts: 1,076
In that case.. I'd get that KB replaced via RMA.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 17-07-14, 01:40 PM
Permafrost's Avatar
Permafrost Permafrost is offline
Compo Whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 2,035
for some reason ups tells me that the item has been "returned to sender"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 29-07-14, 07:41 PM
Permafrost's Avatar
Permafrost Permafrost is offline
Compo Whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 2,035
UPDATE: just got an email from Corsair:

"Due to high demand on your replacement keyboard, we regret to inform you that your RMA is currently backordered.

The current ETA on our CH-9000011-UK keyboard is August 12th. Please note that this is an estimated date and your replacement may ship out to you sooner as well as the possibility that it will be pushed back later."

just an update corsair have asked me to wait till friday the 15th.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 29-07-14, 07:57 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Newbsville
Posts: 13,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Permafrost View Post
UPDATE: just got an email from Corsair:

"Due to high demand on your replacement keyboard, we regret to inform you that your RMA is currently backordered.

The current ETA on our CH-9000011-UK keyboard is August 12th. Please note that this is an estimated date and your replacement may ship out to you sooner as well as the possibility that it will be pushed back later."

wow, just wow
Annoyingly it's because a HUGE amount of Corsair K70 and K95 keyboards LED's are just dying because of a mix of using cheap sub par LED's and little to no ESD shielding.

I had to wait just over 6 weeks for my replacement new sealed K95.
__________________
- Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5GHz - Asus ROG Max XI Hero -
- Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 4x8GB @ 3600MHz -
- WD Black SN750 1TB - RTX 2080 Ti @ 2000/7500 -
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 29-07-14, 08:10 PM
Permafrost's Avatar
Permafrost Permafrost is offline
Compo Whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 2,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Annoyingly it's because a HUGE amount of Corsair K70 and K95 keyboards LED's are just dying because of a mix of using cheap sub par LED's and little to no ESD shielding.

I had to wait just over 6 weeks for my replacement new sealed K95.
tbh i don't care if it's led or anything flashy as long as it's mechanical.

tbh if these KB's are that bad not why would anyone put up $189.99/£120 for there RGB just to have an LED die and then wait 6 weeks to get a new one.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 01:08 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.