Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 13-05-14, 08:20 AM
OC3D Elite

Just a suggestion with as far as dust goes is with your usb, audio and the like jacks try and place them in such a way that it is harder for the ingress of dust one thing that always annoyed me with my 600T is the usb and audio used to fill up with dust sitting on the top like it does, so either mount em where it don't or please include a cover also maybe please give a bit more more thought to the dust filters, the rest of your stuff is so awesome but have you taken the time to get the right balance of airflow whilst reducing the ingress of dust through them as nothing stuffs an expensive pc like clogged cooling and stuff and TBH I don't know of anyone who looks at this seriously.
And for those who will say it yes clean your rig and positive pressure and the like but that works mediocre at best but just my two cents worth and hope it helps! as prevention is better than a cure.

NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 13-05-14, 08:23 AM

Done!
Old 13-05-14, 08:56 AM
OC3D Elite

Saw this on the Corsair FB page a few days back, already done it

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 13-05-14, 09:06 AM
OC3D Elite

Done.

As there was no comments section I would just like to say something. I'm tired of seeing cases that are constantly 'features over form', no I don't mean function. For instance why make everything tool-less? Why does everything need dumb little caddies that ultimately break and look ugly and require a massive amount of thought from you to integrate into the design. Take the 750D, couldn't all of the SSD mounts just be replaced with a big steel plate with 16 holes in. Are screwless optical drives needed, heck are optical drives needed. Wouldn't it make far more sense to just totally forget about loads of features and then just include a screwdriver with the case? Make a little clip so it fits inside the door or something and you then have it whenever you go in your case.

I also think your line desperately needs some more expensive cases. A case is still one of the cheapest components and more so as people start to value aesthetics over performance, I agree this may be a minority but its a minority with lots of money. The 900D is the only actually expensive case but it's impractical for most people, nothing else has the epic mesh, cast aluminium ends and discrete button opened doors (except the 550D wtf corsair). I think so far all of your cases have nicely found their market and it's time to start expanding at the premium end instead of the budget end. Not the Obsidian line it has been done to death and they have all turned into standard build quality, feature rich and relatively cheap cases.

I would put forward a Platinum/Titanium range that properly heads the line-up with ridiculous pricing, ridiculous build quality and all out form over features. Massive consideration given to water coolers, modders and clean aesthetic freaks who just don't want things like optical drives, modular drive bays, tool-less everything, front IO and stupid holes in the back for water cooling hoses.

JR
Old 13-05-14, 09:18 AM
OC3D Elite

Done.
Old 13-05-14, 10:04 AM
The Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR23 View Post
Done.

As there was no comments section I would just like to say something. I'm tired of seeing cases that are constantly 'features over form', no I don't mean function. For instance why make everything tool-less? Why does everything need dumb little caddies that ultimately break and look ugly and require a massive amount of thought from you to integrate into the design. Take the 750D, couldn't all of the SSD mounts just be replaced with a big steel plate with 16 holes in. Are screwless optical drives needed, heck are optical drives needed. Wouldn't it make far more sense to just totally forget about loads of features and then just include a screwdriver with the case? Make a little clip so it fits inside the door or something and you then have it whenever you go in your case.

I also think your line desperately needs some more expensive cases. A case is still one of the cheapest components and more so as people start to value aesthetics over performance, I agree this may be a minority but its a minority with lots of money. The 900D is the only actually expensive case but it's impractical for most people, nothing else has the epic mesh, cast aluminium ends and discrete button opened doors (except the 550D wtf corsair). I think so far all of your cases have nicely found their market and it's time to start expanding at the premium end instead of the budget end. Not the Obsidian line it has been done to death and they have all turned into standard build quality, feature rich and relatively cheap cases.

I would put forward a Platinum/Titanium range that properly heads the line-up with ridiculous pricing, ridiculous build quality and all out form over features. Massive consideration given to water coolers, modders and clean aesthetic freaks who just don't want things like optical drives, modular drive bays, tool-less everything, front IO and stupid holes in the back for water cooling hoses.

JR
I'm behind this as well. I did a 750D build this weekend and while it was excellent overall, there were some seriously glaringly annoying things.

First and foremost, the SSD mounts, cheap feeling, flimsy and upside down... just feel daft! I completely agree with the plate idea mentioned above.

The 3.5" drive cages were quite flimsy, I like that you have several options on their placement etc, but at what cost? a gaurish piece of plastic in the bottom, or less length for gpu etc. The Carbide bottom mounts are an excellent example of "who's idea was this, it looks stupid, what if I don't want to use it?"

Have all this stuff available, excellent, but attach it with discreetly placed screws, not god awful plastic clips and slide in trays that look daft when not in place due to the receiving mounting hardware required to be there.

I think overall less-is-more but with options.
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 13-05-14, 10:04 AM
OC3D Elite

Done.
Death to the 5.25" bays!
Old 13-05-14, 10:12 AM

Done!
Old 13-05-14, 10:38 AM

Done. I'd like to say something too.

The Air 540 is so close to being my perfect case. I do not own one as I am hoping for a revision, or an obsidian range version. Comfortably fitting a 280mm and 360mm rad, with fans, and the big holes in the bottom of the case at the HDD mounts being revised would make me buy the case immediately.

Things I don't need or use in my case:
-Headphone and Microphone jacks (Speakers plug in the back, and headphones plug in via usb)
-Fans (I buy my own, and would rather have none with the case to cut costs. Your SP and AF range fans are so good, most people buy them anyway, I am planning to for my next build).
-ODD bays (Not to contradict myself, but I love the 2 vertical bays in the 540 to use with a dual bay res. Without the ODD bays I would still put a res in the same spot due to a lack of space, so with the bays there its nice that it's on display. In a normal tower case, I have the res inside and visible through the window, and the ODD bays are always removed to make room.)
-Tool less everything (I have tools. Thumbscrews are fine. Most of the tool less things I have worked with in the past have broken, particularly with things that see regular use. It's a nice convenience not having to use tools, but its inconvenient having to replace parts.)
Old 13-05-14, 12:15 PM
The Webmaster

tool-less stuff should be completely 100% abolished in high-end cases. If you can afford the case, you don't need fancy clips and stupid no screwdriver builds. I'm far happier with high quality screws than any quickly designed molded plastic clip..
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!