Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 06-05-14, 09:07 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusmaniac View Post
Yeah, I got tracking info and I received it this morning.

It's now installed and the LED works fine However... The pump noise is still present, the pump speed is running at 2351 RPM which is higher than it's supposed to, right? (Tried to attach a pic, file size too big... Can't make it 50KB without it being tiny!)

Thanks
Upload your image to a file hosting source such as Imgur or Photobucket, then paste the direct link (right click image > Copy link URL) between [IMG] tags

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 06-05-14, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
Upload your image to a file hosting source such as Imgur or Photobucket, then paste the direct link (right click image > Copy link URL) between [IMG] tags
Thank you! (Don't really use much BB code )
Old 08-05-14, 04:01 PM
OC3D Elite

2351 is about right. Since this is a new unit, it's possible that there is simply air trapped in the loop. Lay down your case on its side and see if the noise changes. If it does, then keep it in that position for about an hour. That should take care of any bubbles inside the loop.
Old 17-05-14, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_beard View Post
2351 is about right. Since this is a new unit, it's possible that there is simply air trapped in the loop. Lay down your case on its side and see if the noise changes. If it does, then keep it in that position for about an hour. That should take care of any bubbles inside the loop.
Hello again,

I thought I'd leave this response for a little while just to see if it clears its self up after a week or so, unfortunately I can still hear the pump fairly loudly even when the Air 540 side panel is on. I tried leaving the case on its side for an entire day of use I even tapped the pump every so often in case it's an air bubble causing the noise (Pretty sure it's not an air bubble) I looked around this forum and found that TTL has never heard an H100i through a case and it's quiet even with his head inside the case I remounted it again, tried different screw tightness but the loudness remains

Thanks
Old 18-05-14, 10:26 AM

Have you tried resetting the firmware when in bios by holding in the profile button on the h100 for a few seconds,not saying this will work but you never know
Old 18-05-14, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnbo3 View Post
Have you tried resetting the firmware when in bios by holding in the profile button on the h100 for a few seconds,not saying this will work but you never know
Hello,

This is the H100i not the H100 :P Thanks though
Old 18-05-14, 07:48 PM

slowly tilt the case from side to side, front to back, unplug / replug the sata power a few times should work out the bubbles.

when i changed cases my h100i radiator went from above the cpu to next to it, which i g uess caused air to be moved into the block and made some terrible noise, after some careful rocking / power cycles of the pump it sorted itself in about an hour

780 3gb windforce GHZ / Corsair RM850 / F3 500gb / F4 2tbx2 storage

16gb 2133mhz corsair vengence / asus ROG impact / Corsair 250D

Cyborg MMO 7 / Qpad mk-85 / Corsair wireless vengence headset / Edifier R1600T Studio monitors
Old 18-05-14, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeyforsure View Post
slowly tilt the case from side to side, front to back, unplug / replug the sata power a few times should work out the bubbles.

when i changed cases my h100i radiator went from above the cpu to next to it, which i g uess caused air to be moved into the block and made some terrible noise, after some careful rocking / power cycles of the pump it sorted itself in about an hour
Thanks for that advice but I've tried doing that 3 times now I don't think it's an air bubble it sounds more like the pump
Old 18-05-14, 11:49 PM

did you tip it all the way, lying it on the front panel, side panels / back panel?

its just everything you described is what i seemed to have had

780 3gb windforce GHZ / Corsair RM850 / F3 500gb / F4 2tbx2 storage

16gb 2133mhz corsair vengence / asus ROG impact / Corsair 250D

Cyborg MMO 7 / Qpad mk-85 / Corsair wireless vengence headset / Edifier R1600T Studio monitors
Old 19-05-14, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeyforsure View Post
did you tip it all the way, lying it on the front panel, side panels / back panel?

its just everything you described is what i seemed to have had
Well I'm using the Air 540 so I tried putting it on the back side panel the front grill and tipping it about 45 degrees to the right and to the left