Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 10-10-13, 10:50 PM
OC3D Elite

Corsair Link Hardware installation guide (Simple Version)

Here is a more simplified version of the Corsair Link installation guide. We've got some feedback about the original manual included in the product for not being clear on some section of the installation guide. Here is a more detailed draft extracted from the original version.

Corsair Link Hardware Installation Guide

Please feel free to post some feedback.

Old 11-10-13, 04:48 AM
OC3D Elite

I have to be honest with ya man. I love my H100i and link but the software is utter crap. I am using Win8 x64 and the application launches and then crashes about 15 minutes in. The software is slow and sluggish with terrible menu design, my profiles rarely save even after manually saving them, the fan controls do not work.

This feedback is probably different from what you are looking for but just my 2 cents. EVERYTHING that can be corsair in my computer IS corsair, I am a HUGE fan of the product but cant get over the crappy software.
Old 11-10-13, 08:15 AM
OC3D Elite

Lol I've had three corsair link cooling and lighting kits now and none of them had instructions! I guess all that stuff is kinda obvious, some sort of trouble shooting guide would be nice and a list of truly compatible fans. I know that would take years to test but at least state the operating range of all of the corsair fans when using the cooling node and a couple of popular ones.

Maybe a little clarity on how the commander interacts with the H100i.

Also you didn't mention that the light on the commander flashes green-red-green-orange-green... Like a mad man, and apparently that means everything is working properly.

JR

And the first instruction has a typo, you put 5.25" instead of 3.5"
Old 15-10-13, 05:19 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING_OF_SAND View Post
I have to be honest with ya man. I love my H100i and link but the software is utter crap. I am using Win8 x64 and the application launches and then crashes about 15 minutes in. The software is slow and sluggish with terrible menu design, my profiles rarely save even after manually saving them, the fan controls do not work.
I'd have to agree, the SW is still somehow not consistent across all platforms. We are constantly filling up holes as soon that we spot em. BUT, it is progressively getting better as we move forward - won't be perfect right away but we've been proactively addressing known bugs. Feedback like this would really help us to implement fixes to make the SW more streamlined and robust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR23 View Post
Lol I've had three corsair link cooling and lighting kits now and none of them had instructions! I guess all that stuff is kinda obvious, some sort of trouble shooting guide would be nice and a list of truly compatible fans. I know that would take years to test but at least state the operating range of all of the corsair fans when using the cooling node and a couple of popular ones.

Maybe a little clarity on how the commander interacts with the H100i.

Also you didn't mention that the light on the commander flashes green-red-green-orange-green... Like a mad man, and apparently that means everything is working properly.

JR

And the first instruction has a typo, you put 5.25" instead of 3.5"
Instruction manual has always been one of the concerns we have with both our Cooler and Corsair Link. New versions will be published as we go by. A more intuitive kind with a lot of visuals - first time user friendly. We'll also be adding a fairly simple trouble shooting guide, just in case some of the features didn't function after installation.

Fan compatibility is going to be a tough one. Although, this will require a lot time - I believe this is feasible if just focus on the popular ones that a lot of us will most likely use.
Old 23-12-13, 11:33 PM

Hi there,

I didn't really want to start a new thread for a one cable question. I have a fully integrated Link system in my built and just received the Corsair Link Accessory Cable Kit. I purchased the cable kit to connect my 600T case fan controller to the Link system. I looked everywhere to find instructions on how to connect it up and couldn't find any. My guess is that the short two pin female to three pin female cable is the one that is supposed to make this magic happen as it fits in the Link controller and also connects to the fan controller cables. I was just wondering if I have to power the fan controller when connecting it to Link, sending alien current into the Link controller? Or is the cable just supposed to be controlled by an adjustable resistor?

I did try to connect everything with a powered fan controller and while nothing blew up, nothing seemed to change either. The fan controller wasn't visible in the software and fan values didn't change.

Hope someone can help me out.

Cheers,
Punk
Triple Qnix Evolution II
Dominator Platinum 32GB 1600GHz Corsair AX1200i
Corsair H100i 2x Corsair Neutron GTX 240 GB Raid0
Old 24-12-13, 09:50 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_beard View Post
Here is a more simplified version of the Corsair Link installation guide. We've got some feedback about the original manual included in the product for not being clear on some section of the installation guide. Here is a more detailed draft extracted from the original version.

Corsair Link Hardware Installation Guide

Please feel free to post some feedback.
Hey Grey_beard , I know this post is a couple of months old , but the link doesn't work. Notice says "link has been deleted or moved" , is there another link for this?
Corsair 650D, MSI Z77A-GD65 , I7-3770k, Corsair H100i w/sp120 QE ,G.Skill Ares 16gb 2133 c9, Asus Blu-Ray Burner, Asus Xonar STX ,Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb ,W.D. black 1TB ,Seagate 3TB, MSI GTX 680 Lightning, Corsair AX760i ,Case Fans : Front : CM 200 blue,Rear : Corsair AF 120 PE , Klipsch 2.1 , Sennheiser HD650 , 2 x Samsung 23" 1080p , Logitech G710+
Old 02-01-14, 05:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark3Max View Post
Hey Grey_beard , I know this post is a couple of months old , but the link doesn't work. Notice says "link has been deleted or moved" , is there another link for this?
You're right, I think they've moved the link. Try this one Corsair Link Hardware Installation.

Link also update on the original post.
Old 03-01-14, 05:18 AM
OC3D Crew

That's not what I thought it was.
I'm looking for a simple wiring diagram for a H100i and a AX760i .
In Corsair link I can control the psu fan and get all the other info on the psu but no psu temp.
I want to make sure I have it all connected correctly.
Corsair 650D, MSI Z77A-GD65 , I7-3770k, Corsair H100i w/sp120 QE ,G.Skill Ares 16gb 2133 c9, Asus Blu-Ray Burner, Asus Xonar STX ,Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb ,W.D. black 1TB ,Seagate 3TB, MSI GTX 680 Lightning, Corsair AX760i ,Case Fans : Front : CM 200 blue,Rear : Corsair AF 120 PE , Klipsch 2.1 , Sennheiser HD650 , 2 x Samsung 23" 1080p , Logitech G710+
Old 03-01-14, 10:39 PM
OC3D Elite

How do you have the H100i and AX760i connected in terms of Link interface? Do have them connected separately in to two USB header on the MB? or do you have them connected to a Commander?

You can always piggy back the PSU to the cooler if you don't have a Commander. That way you do not populate two USB header on your MB, rather you'd only use one. So from the PSU, you connect the Link cable to the cooler's pump by passing the digital USB node the comes with your PSU. Then from the cooler, use the USB connector that goes one of the USB header on your MB. Kind of like this:

Old 04-01-14, 11:23 AM

Hi Grey Beard,
Can I be so rude as to repeat my question on how to connect my case fan controller to the Link Commander? I would just like to know if I should power the fan controller when connecting it to the Commander and if it is even possible to connect the two together. If this is absolutely impossible I don't mind at all since the cable kit was cheap and I got it just to fiddle around. I just want to avoid breaking things. More information about my setup in my previous post.

Edit:

I want to connect the far right connection on the Link Commander to my case fan controller.

I purchased the Corsair Link Accessory Cable kit and I guess I will have to use the top right cable to connect the two. In the cable kit description it mentions "case fan controller cables". I hope this refers to the fan controller mounted in your case, not the controller to operate the fans mounted in your case? It could be explained both ways

Many thanks.
Triple Qnix Evolution II
Dominator Platinum 32GB 1600GHz Corsair AX1200i
Corsair H100i 2x Corsair Neutron GTX 240 GB Raid0