Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 18-12-13, 06:54 PM

Hi Grey_Beard, I'm having a very similar issue. It not only will back up while scrolling down, but the button seems to be particularly sensitive and unable to lock on to a static position at times. For example, I'll be in a window, and it all of a sudden scrolls down by itself. Or, if I want to use the scroll wheel as a button, at times it will scroll all over the place when I click it. It seems this is a common issue with the M90. I've had it happening for some time. I tried flashing the firmware, but the update tool fails halfway through the process. I don't know if my use of Windows 8.1 is affecting this.

What can I do?

Thanks!

Old 20-12-13, 11:36 PM
OC3D Elite

Sorry to hear that Eli. When you tied flashing the FW, do you remember if it was plugged in to USB 2.0 or 3.0 port?

If can also try it on a system that is Windows 7, just to see if it behaves the same. Better yet, try to update the FW using Win 7 and see if the process will go through. When flashing it via Win 7, try doing it in this order:
Go into your windows 7 processes and kill everything M90 related do the following steps:
Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > USB Settings > USB selective suspend setting > Disabled
Then run the firmware update again.
Old 29-12-13, 04:06 PM

Hi Grey Beard!

Ok, I managed to successfully upgrade the firmware using a windows 7 PC. I've given it a week just to see how it would behave, and unfortunately the mouse wheel is still misbehaving. I have been using it in a USB 3.0 port on my new PC, but this problem existed in my USB 2.0 ports on my old PC, so I don't think that would be the difference. Advice?

Thanks!
Old 31-12-13, 08:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Sorry to hear that. At this point, since the problem is consistent between USB3.0 and 2.0 ports, it does suggest that it is a hardware problem rather than firmware. I'd recommend that you get the mouse replaced via our RMA process. You can start a ticket here, and if you let me know the ticket #, I can surely help out to speed things up a bit during the process.
Old 02-01-14, 10:05 PM

Same problem

Same problem here. I had pretty much given up on Corsair because of all the problems with this mouse but went ahead and put in a RMA anyway #6346178

Mine has all the software/firmware updates the problem seems to be in the design of the wheel. Hopefully it was resolved and newer ones are not doing it.

Ill reply on here as to what happens/doesn't happen with it.
Old 02-01-14, 11:47 PM
OC3D Elite

Sorry to hear that Rigel. I've got your ticket approved. I've also included a more detailed response on your ticket. Let me know if you have any questions about it.
Old 05-01-14, 03:41 AM

Hi folks.

Just registered and popped in here to say I have the same issues with my M90, started about a month ago and progressively got worse to the point that I finally decided to look into it. I saw this thread and one on the Corsair forums about the same problems, so have submitted an RMA (#6351960) to get mine replaced as well.

Other than this hitch, I've been very happy with the mouse and the configurability, and it looks great next to the K70 I got earlier this year!

EDIT: Kudos to the fast response from Corsair - ticket was updated overnight. RMA approved, I will get mine shipped to them today.
Old 06-01-14, 03:27 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymbrogi View Post
EDIT: Kudos to the fast response from Corsair - ticket was updated overnight. RMA approved, I will get mine shipped to them today.
Thanks for the update. If you actually have a tracking # and it's already traceable, you can give it to me and I can have the replacement shipped right away.
Old 07-01-14, 06:36 PM
OC3D Elite

Thanks for providing the tracking info Cymbrogi. I'll have the replacement sent out later on today. Tracking # will be sent to you once the replacement is shipped.
Old 07-01-14, 09:54 PM

Thank you sir! I have to say this old Logitech MX510, while a stellar mouse at the time, just doesn't hack it anymore. Of course, it doesn't help that the left clicker is sticky

Tags
corsair, m90, mouse, support