Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 27-09-13, 09:39 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by garih View Post
Fair play. Gotta give it to corsair for decent aftersales support. Gives me faith with my intention to buy one of those k70 blues. If I can get it past the missus!!
Thanks and glad to hear that

I've used both Red and Blue switches and MX blue switch is my personal favorite. The feeling that every time you click a key, it feels like it's guaranteed registered. It's like you don't have to second guess every key stroke. That's just me though, other may say otherwise.

Old 27-09-13, 09:44 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_beard View Post
Thanks and glad to hear that

I've used both Red and Blue switches and MX blue switch is my personal favorite. The feeling that every time you click a key, it feels like it's guaranteed registered. It's like you don't have to second guess every key stroke. That's just me though, other may say otherwise.
thats what i want, im fed up with missing keystrokes on my membrane keyboard, not that i do much in the way of typing, i just find it annoying, however, justifying £120 to replace a £10 keyboard is a little bit hard.
(i know ther are cheaper options out ther, but, i want blues, i want blue backlighting, i want a k70!!)
Old 27-09-13, 10:54 PM

I had this problem with my now 6 year old Logitech membrane keyboard after I got water shorting two traces out together...

Any chance you got a drop of water in between the keys? even condensation or moisture could cause such a problem.. I wiped a damp cloth over my keyboard and was surprised to find quite a fair amount of water all over the electrical traces.

I'd take it apart and let it dry out.

Looking at internal pictures of the keyboard there is a section which has a membrane construction which could easily have water shorting out a few traces (ignore the red circle) - white area below green PCB is membrane, can easily peel the 4 layers (membrane, traces, neutral layer, traces) apart and should visually be able to inspect for water. Wouldn't do this if you don't know what you're looking at as you may place the layers back down in the wrong order and fck it all up lol.

Old 27-09-13, 10:58 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by garih View Post
thats what i want, im fed up with missing keystrokes on my membrane keyboard, not that i do much in the way of typing, i just find it annoying, however, justifying £120 to replace a £10 keyboard is a little bit hard.
(i know ther are cheaper options out ther, but, i want blues, i want blue backlighting, i want a k70!!)
cmstom quickfire TK? iirc that kb is available with blue switches and blue backlighting for about 70 quid.
Old 14-10-13, 04:52 PM

Just a shout out to you guys for the help and Corsair for replacing my keyboard. It arrived today
Old 15-10-13, 12:43 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBC View Post
I had this problem with my now 6 year old Logitech membrane keyboard after I got water shorting two traces out together...

Any chance you got a drop of water in between the keys? even condensation or moisture could cause such a problem.. I wiped a damp cloth over my keyboard and was surprised to find quite a fair amount of water all over the electrical traces.

I'd take it apart and let it dry out.

Looking at internal pictures of the keyboard there is a section which has a membrane construction which could easily have water shorting out a few traces (ignore the red circle) - white area below green PCB is membrane, can easily peel the 4 layers (membrane, traces, neutral layer, traces) apart and should visually be able to inspect for water. Wouldn't do this if you don't know what you're looking at as you may place the layers back down in the wrong order and fck it all up lol.

the keyboard in question is a mechanical keyboard, and unless i am mistaken they dont have membranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
cmstom quickfire TK? iirc that kb is available with blue switches and blue backlighting for about 70 quid.
thanks, didn't know about that keyboard, however, i prefer the styling and the wrist rest on the corsair k70,