Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 23-09-13, 08:07 AM
The Webmaster

heh, paracord sleeving does look so nice, but yeah, lots of finger burns. I like your ghetto push-through tool nice work

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 23-09-13, 09:20 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
heh, paracord sleeving does look so nice, but yeah, lots of finger burns. I like your ghetto push-through tool nice work
My fingers still hurt a bit every time I see paracord sleeving.

Although towards the end it got better because I'd gotten used to it, so I suppose
that's something. And for the sleeving tool, that's some nice ad hoc engineering
right there.
Old 23-09-13, 09:30 AM
The Webmaster

I was starting to learn guitar when I was sleeving last so I was just accelerating the process of making my fingers numb and hard lol

Haven't done either for a while so I've got my typing fingers back (thankfully).
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 29-09-13, 09:14 AM
OC3D Crew

This week my new SSD arrived:

and I sleeved the 8 pin cable

it turned out quite nicely imo. Once I'd figured out how long the paracord needs to be and how much it needs to be melted I really enjoyed it and I got much faster as well.

On the 24 pin however, things won't be so easy...

...if you have to use coloured wires, why do you need to make it so hard to sleeve your PSUs Seasonic?!
Old 29-09-13, 12:02 PM
OC3D Crew

Your cables look really good. I like how the heat shrink is hidden.
I hope mine turn out like that.

Old 29-09-13, 12:07 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMarc View Post
On the 24 pin however, things won't be so easy...

...if you have to use coloured wires, why do you need to make it so hard to sleeve your PSUs Seasonic?!
Yeah, 24 pins are a PITA, although yours looks even worse than mine. All I had to
contend with were some sense wires (the double wires), nothing intertwined like
on your unit.

Have fun!
Old 29-09-13, 02:04 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris230291 View Post
Your cables look really good. I like how the heat shrink is hidden.
I hope mine turn out like that.
Thanks, I didn't use heat shrink, it's not hidden. I only had to use it where two wires go in to one pin.
Check out lutroo's sleeving videos and you'd be able to make cables just like mine, it's really not that difficult once you get used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpenwasser View Post
Yeah, 24 pins are a PITA, although yours looks even worse than mine. All I had to
contend with were some sense wires (the double wires), nothing intertwined like
on your unit.

Have fun!
I think once the wires are sleeved and go more or less straight from one connector to the other, not crossed over like they came from the factory it will already look much better. As long as the mainboard side turns out tidy I'm happy. Your cable lacing video will definitely help me doing that.
Old 29-09-13, 03:04 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
I think once the wires are sleeved and go more or less straight from one connector to the other, not crossed over like they came from the factory it will already look much better. As long as the mainboard side turns out tidy I'm happy. Your cable lacing video will definitely help me doing that.
I didn't mean so much that it looks unappealing but more that it looks like it's going
to be a PITA to make it look nice.
I have no doubts that you'll get it to look really purdy, it's not really that difficult, but
more a matter of patience (lots of it). And good to see the vid getting some use, that's
what it's for, after all.
Old 29-09-13, 05:40 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Thanks, I didn't use heat shrink, it's not hidden. I only had to use it where two wires go in to one pin.
Check out lutroo's sleeving videos and you'd be able to make cables just like mine, it's really not that difficult once you get used to it.
Ok cool thanks, I'll go take a look and see how you did it.

EDIT: That looks fairly simple to be fair.
He used pretty much the same colour pattern i plan to!

Old 05-10-13, 02:11 PM
OC3D Crew

Got the 24pin cable finally done today:

The PSU side didn't turn out that tidy, but considering it will mostly be hidden, I think it's ok:

Now I have to wait for more paracord to arrive for a sata and a molex cable.

Tags
case, mod, powermac