Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Screens and Displays

Old 02-01-13, 11:52 AM

PC Issue i cant seem to get around

Hey all, ive not long built a new pc and im getting this issue when turning it on. The thing is, it was doing the same with my old pc.

When i turn on my pc, all lights come on and fans spin, my keyboard lights dont come on and my samsung tv displays no signal. After a few presses of restart button or power of and on button, it then works, i know when its going to work because my keyboard lights come on and the tv searches for signal.

This happened to my old one and this new build. My old pc was VGA to VGA and this new one is HDMI to HDMI.

I was thinking its the TV but how can it stop PC stuff coming on and booting normal, some people have said samsung has a display issue with pc's where it says no signal sometimes. But would that affect starting a pc's hardware?

Old 02-01-13, 12:21 PM
OC3D Crew

Had a similar issue this time last year, had to mess about changing my DVI connectors and clearing the BIOS memory a few times to deal with it.

Was also with a Samsung display, currently still using it as well and none the wiser what was actually wrong. Odds are the display is the issue though if it is the same problem happening with new hardware. Best bet is to try it out on a new display before anything else.
Old 02-01-13, 12:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Thread moved to a more appropriate sub-forum.
Old 02-01-13, 12:47 PM
OC3D Elite

this normally happens when budget cables are bought. they sometimes do not carry enough signal to the output display
Old 02-01-13, 12:55 PM

I had a similar issue at first power on, Bios update fixed the problem, if indeed that
was the issue, I could not explain why that worked.
Old 02-01-13, 03:59 PM

I will try and get a new HDMI cable thats more expensive, plus will update bios just in case.

Just seems strange how some hardware dont fully start on both pc's with this TV.

Will ask to lend a friends screen to have a look. Thanks all.