Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Air Cooling

Old 12-03-05, 06:40 PM
OC3D Elite

look forward to it

can i ask why you are underclocking??

Old 12-03-05, 06:51 PM

I am Underclocking cause my memory is on RMA at the moment and al I got is some really [email protected] 256 single sided RAM (PC3200 DDR400) and my mobo doesn't like it being 200FSB. Its a 2.2 usually, but cause I've got it at 166, its rning at 1.8.

I'm waiting for my RAM to be RMA'd at the supplier (Crucial PC3200 DDR400) and if they find faults (I think they will) then they're willing to swap it for OCZ PC3200 DDR400 Platinum EL D Chan. Nice! :-)

Until then, the [email protected] RAM will only seem to work @ 166 as my mobo is a picky bugger!
Old 13-03-05, 09:32 AM
OC3D Elite

even crap pc3200 ram should run at 200mhz shouldnt it? lol
Old 13-03-05, 11:17 AM

Not with my mobo - they are picky as hell. This is SIMM as well, and the nvidia chipsets are just sooo picky!
Old 13-03-05, 11:35 AM

Which motherboard are u using? and which processor?

That also depends, not only on the memory, maybe there is a setting that is not making the system recognize the memory correctly, and if that´s the problem, maybe, u send good ram to rma...

and believe me, that happens.

On my side, is normal temp, from 29 to 34 c
Old 13-03-05, 11:40 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='kempez815'
Not with my mobo - they are picky as hell. This is SIMM as well, and the nvidia chipsets are just sooo picky!
picky.. picky but good
Old 13-03-05, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Which motherboard are u using? and which processor?
Look in my sig...no really: do....lol

Quote:
That also depends, not only on the memory, maybe there is a setting that is not making the system recognize the memory correctly
Tried all the settings that the RAM should be on and after extensive and very frustrating testing I had to send it back. And if you know about the MSI K7N2 Delta 2 Platinum you'll know just how picky it is. The old RAM ws screwed, Prime 95 failed after less than a minute on loads of diferent settings tried. Even tightened up all the timings and put them on the factory standard as well. Suffice to say I tried a lot. The firm I bought them from even suggested BIOS settings and they didn't work. They told me to send them back to them for testing and if they find problems they'll RMA it. That's:

www.kustompcs.co.uk

Their customer service at its best I tell ya!!
Old 13-03-05, 11:27 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Tried all the settings that the RAM should be on and after extensive and very frustrating testing I had to send it back. And if you know about the MSI K7N2 Delta 2 Platinum you'll know just how picky it is. The old RAM ws screwed, Prime 95 failed after less than a minute on loads of diferent settings tried. Even tightened up all the timings and put them on the factory standard as well. Suffice to say I tried a lot. The firm I bought them from even suggested BIOS settings and they didn't work. They told me to send them back to them for testing and if they find problems they'll RMA it.
hope you get it back soon
Old 14-03-05, 02:32 PM

Yeah same here! Goddamn frustating having a nice PC and not be able to play games!
Old 14-03-05, 02:56 PM

Nice motherboard, yes i'm familiar with that motherboard.

Is one of the best for socket a, but the strange part is that you're using a 200mhzx2 cpu, and the memory is ddr400, and is not taking any memory at ddr400...

strange... very strange...