Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Suggestions

Old 30-06-16, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
I put a lot of time and money into the mobile side of the forums, tapatalk just didnt suit when we looked at it and Ive sadly got no interest in spending the cash needed to set it up now we have a perfectly good (even better) mobile site.
Tapatalk loads the content that I want to read, whilst the mobile site looks great when it loads, it first needs to do that.

And because of that, if i'm on the move, I won't even bother because it takes too long.

Just tested it connected to work wifi (below) and it took nearly 2 minutes to load entirely from uncached.

If you factor in that the current best practices state most general users give up after 3 seconds, its a little bit out of whack. In comes Tapatalk, connected to a similarly image heavy forum, less than 2 seconds to load content.

Old 30-06-16, 04:47 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantKiwi View Post
Tapatalk loads the content that I want to read, whilst the mobile site looks great when it loads, it first needs to do that.

And because of that, if i'm on the move, I won't even bother because it takes too long.

Just tested it connected to work wifi (below) and it took nearly 2 minutes to load entirely from uncached.

If you factor in that the current best practices state most general users give up after 3 seconds, its a little bit out of whack. In comes Tapatalk, connected to a similarly image heavy forum, less than 2 seconds to load content.

2 minutes to load OC3D?

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 30-06-16, 05:12 PM
Bettyswollocks

I'm using WM10 on a Lumia 640 and with Edge over 4G or 3G the mobile site is pretty much instantaneous, the site is very low yield on mobile networks. There is very little nay, no need for Tapatalk integration.
Old 30-06-16, 06:51 PM
Hagrid Look-A-Like

Mobile rating is quite good for the forums, fair bit better than some mobile sites from major companies.

Old 30-06-16, 08:10 PM
The Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantKiwi View Post

Where in cambridge are you? Because I'm in cambridge and there's none of that.

There's something wrong with your connection, or you're otherwise blocking an element of the site. It simply does not take that long to load.
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 30-06-16, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
Where in cambridge are you? Because I'm in cambridge and there's none of that.

There's something wrong with your connection, or you're otherwise blocking an element of the site. It simply does not take that long to load.
iPhone 6S Plus, connected to JANET through one of the UniofCam colleges. No element's blocked.
Old 30-06-16, 09:00 PM

Mobile site is instant for me.
Old 30-06-16, 09:06 PM

Same here, Instant on iPhone 6S. Been on an other Site using Tapatalk that changed back to an own Mobile Site, at first when Tt was Free and very Simple it was great but now it is like 150MB, Needs Registration, Wants your Passwords, is slow and very unintutive in terms of Navigation. The quick and hard downfall of a Program that started as a genius idea actually ed me of a bot, all because of the money.
Old 30-06-16, 10:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
same here.
Old 01-07-16, 12:43 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Same here. Also the mobile site I found uses FAR LESS data than using the desktop version. It's actually insane the difference. I still use the desktop version mostly though, I just like that everything is a little easier to use.