Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Cases & Power
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 07-01-15, 09:39 PM
Kirk's Avatar
Kirk Kirk is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 103
Love the H440's if I could fit in a E-ATX board in one I would definatly have one the look the business.

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-01-15, 10:12 PM
wassupdoc's Avatar
wassupdoc wassupdoc is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 1,460
I'm just about to press "order" on the S340, any final comments? Thanks for all your help guys! Are the Silverstone extensions any good also? They've some tasy black with a red stripe ones in oŁ$%clockers :P
__________________
"Entertaining by default"
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-01-15, 10:39 PM
Dark NighT's Avatar
Dark NighT Dark NighT is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by wassupdoc View Post
I know it doesn't have any at the moment I meant do you have any experience with the soundproofing 'kits' you can get?


I dont have any experience with those sort of kits, but i guess if they arent really expensive you could always give it a go, also just hit that order button already!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-01-15, 12:07 AM
JLR JLR is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: South Wales
Posts: 279
Corsair 780T in white. It's expensive I know but I think they are stunning.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-01-15, 02:14 AM
Rawst's Avatar
Rawst Rawst is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12
My favorite case has to be this one.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...on_with_Window

it has amazing features alot of cable management and a giant side window, it will also accommodate up to a 240mm Rad if you want to water cool with an h100i. Im currently using this case with a 212 evo and 2 120mm red fans and a 200mm top fan. my temps are in the low 20's on idle and mid 30's under full load.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-01-15, 02:38 AM
Dark NighT's Avatar
Dark NighT Dark NighT is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawst View Post
My favorite case has to be this one.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...on_with_Window

it has amazing features alot of cable management and a giant side window, it will also accommodate up to a 240mm Rad if you want to water cool with an h100i. Im currently using this case with a 212 evo and 2 120mm red fans and a 200mm top fan. my temps are in the low 20's on idle and mid 30's under full load.
Thats a big no, there is a special kind of threatment we give to thermaltake here on the OC3D forums, and that is calling it thermaltacky because they make some of the worst cases available. That case costs the same as the Nzxt s340 but looks so much cheaper and dull because of all that horrible plastic it uses on the outside.

Ok stop my rambling
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-01-15, 04:01 PM
Mclegendary Mclegendary is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wassupdoc View Post
I'm just about to press "order" on the S340, any final comments? Thanks for all your help guys! Are the Silverstone extensions any good also? They've some tasy black with a red stripe ones in oŁ$%clockers :P
I like the bitfenix alchemy extensions. They come in almost any colour you would want and are pretty well priced. However if you aren't happy with extensions and want new cables the stuff from cablemod is great if you have the right psu ( http://www.overclockers.co.uk/produc...428&subid=2966 ).
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-01-15, 04:53 PM
wassupdoc's Avatar
wassupdoc wassupdoc is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
Thats a big no, there is a special kind of threatment we give to thermaltake here on the OC3D forums, and that is calling it thermaltacky because they make some of the worst cases available. That case costs the same as the Nzxt s340 but looks so much cheaper and dull because of all that horrible plastic it uses on the outside.

Ok stop my rambling
my thoughts exactly

I've already ordered the Silverstone ones they've got a nice red stripe on the black extensions
__________________
"Entertaining by default"
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-01-15, 11:02 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is online now
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by wassupdoc View Post
I know it doesn't have any at the moment I meant do you have any experience with the soundproofing 'kits' you can get?



Agreed Love fractal stuff but there's always one glaring fault that stops me buying :/
What fault? The r5 is an amazing case..
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-01-15, 11:06 AM
wassupdoc's Avatar
wassupdoc wassupdoc is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
What fault? The r5 is an amazing case..
The looks, just... ugh so plain
__________________
"Entertaining by default"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
atx, case, choice, ideas, silent

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 06:38 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.