Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 15-09-13, 07:46 AM
MadMarc's Avatar
MadMarc MadMarc is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpenwasser View Post
10 months? Sounds familiar... Durchdiener?

Ah yes, 6-32 UNC... Those are some nice standoffs! I turned to eBay when I
was facing a similar predicament.

Luckily I recently found out my neighbour has a mill and a lathe in his basement, so I'll be
able to make use of his services (he's a pensioner, lots of free time, and he used to be in
the semiconductor industry, so he's definitely interested in PC's ) for my copper tubing and
some other stuff.

Looking forward to more of this.
Genau ich ha Durchdiener gmacht (Flügersdt), so mueni kei WKs verschiebe wägem Studium.

It's great to have someone with such tools and who knows how to make the stuff you need for your rig.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 15-09-13, 04:43 PM
alpenwasser's Avatar
alpenwasser alpenwasser is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMarc View Post
Genau ich ha Durchdiener gmacht (Flügersdt), so mueni kei WKs verschiebe wägem Studium.
Hehe, ha s gliiche gmacht, DD Of 2005-2007 Besatzer Schuetzenpanzer (long time ago ).
Esch scho praktisch wenn mer alles erledigt het IMO.

@everyone: No worries, we're not talking profanities, and I think we're done now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMarc View Post
It's great to have someone with such tools and who knows how to make the stuff you need for your rig.
Indeed it is.

If I may ask: What are you going to study?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 15-09-13, 04:49 PM
MadMarc's Avatar
MadMarc MadMarc is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpenwasser View Post
@everyone: No worries, we're not talking profanities, and I think we're done now.

Indeed it is.

If I may ask: What are you going to study?
Mechanical engineering at ETH Zurich, starting tomorrow
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 15-09-13, 05:17 PM
alpenwasser's Avatar
alpenwasser alpenwasser is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMarc View Post
Mechanical engineering at ETH Zurich, starting tomorrow
Ha, I used to study that! Had to drop out due to my health problems though .
Now I've switched to ET/IT, starting Wednesday. I was able to transfer quite a few
credits to that though, so I won't need to completely start from scratch.

It's a good degree, I really enjoyed it (for the most part, there will always be things
one does not enjoy as much as others of course). My favourite courses in the first
year were probably calculus/Analysis (yup, I'm a bit deranged ) and mechanics.

If ME still has as many students as it used to when I was there you'll most likely be
coming through the ET/IT buildings quite a lot (the largest lecture hall is in that area),
so maybe we could meet up at some point. It would certainly nice to talk computers
with somebody in person for a change, I don't really know anyone IRL who's as
enthusiastic about the subject as I am.

Either way, I wish you a good start!


PS: If anyone starts whining about how hard it is to pass the first year exams: As long
as you do your homework diligently you shouldn't have a problem. It's a lot of work (at
least it was for me ), but totally feasible.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 15-09-13, 05:27 PM
MadMarc's Avatar
MadMarc MadMarc is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpenwasser View Post
Ha, I used to study that! Had to drop out due to my health problems though .
Now I've switched to ET/IT, starting Wednesday. I was able to transfer quite a few
credits to that though, so I won't need to completely start from scratch.

It's a good degree, I really enjoyed it (for the most part, there will always be things
one does not enjoy as much as others of course). My favourite courses in the first
year were probably calculus/Analysis (yup, I'm a bit deranged ) and mechanics.

If ME still has as many students as it used to when I was there you'll most likely be
coming through the ET/IT buildings quite a lot (the largest lecture hall is in that area),
so maybe we could meet up at some point. It would certainly nice to talk computers
with somebody in person for a change, I don't really know anyone IRL who's as
enthusiastic about the subject as I am.

Either way, I wish you a good start!


PS: If anyone starts whining about how hard it is to pass the first year exams: As long
as you do your homework diligently you shouldn't have a problem. It's a lot of work (at
least it was for me ), but totally feasible.
Sad to hear that you had to drop it. But ET/IT sounds also very interesting, two mates of mine start studying that. Would be cool if we met once and have a chat about computers.

Wish you a good start too!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 15-09-13, 05:36 PM
MadMarc's Avatar
MadMarc MadMarc is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 618
Time for another update...


got my new dremel out to modify the case to fit the new internals

A few pics from testfitting the custom made parts as well as the rear panel with the PCI slots from the second case:







So far everything fit perfectly with slight adjustments here and there. Now it's time to think about how I put everything together properly.

I expect my sleeving tool to arrive next week so I can start sleeving when I get time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 15-09-13, 10:20 PM
alpenwasser's Avatar
alpenwasser alpenwasser is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMarc View Post
Sad to hear that you had to drop it. But ET/IT sounds also very interesting, two mates of mine start studying that. Would be cool if we met once and have a chat about computers.

Wish you a good start too!
Yeah I'm pretty optimistic about ET/IT. Should make for a nice fit for me.

And we should do that, I'll send you a PM some time in the semester once things
have settled down a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMarc View Post
Time for another update...

[...]
got my new dremel out to modify the case to fit the new internals

A few pics from testfitting the custom made parts as well as the rear panel with the PCI slots from the second case:

[...]

[...]

[...]

So far everything fit perfectly with slight adjustments here and there. Now it's time to think about how I put everything together properly.

I expect my sleeving tool to arrive next week so I can start sleeving when I get time.
Nice! Sleeving pr0n you say? Yesss!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 16-09-13, 11:05 AM
Innocent159's Avatar
Innocent159 Innocent159 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 1,147
build looks awesome cant wait for next update>
__________________
I don't want a sig anymore
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 16-09-13, 01:01 PM
Chris230291's Avatar
Chris230291 Chris230291 is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lichfield, UK
Posts: 702
Its looking good man!
Are you going to watercool?
__________________
i7 3770K - GTX 780 SLI - GA Z77X-UP5-TH - 16GB 1600MHz Vengeance - SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD - 750W Supernova G2


Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 16-09-13, 01:04 PM
SuB's Avatar
SuB SuB is offline
The Webmaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Taking a break
Posts: 8,717
Cable routing could be interesting.. with the fact you have no rear panel to remove.
__________________
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
case, mod, powermac

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 06:17 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.