Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Software Section

Old 18-12-12, 11:06 PM

Failed to connect to a windows service

Hello,
I have been continually having this issue
Failed to connect to a windows service
"Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

This doesn't really create a big impact on computer usage, however, during boot ups and shut downs (sometimes it won't even shut down!) the time it takes for my ssd takes horrifically long. There is also the problem of right clicking on my desktop, it takes forever to respond. (I have a habit where i keep refreshing the desktop)

I've already tried to go to safemode, still i see this error on bootup in safe mode, i've tried to use netsh winsock reset in cmd, didn't really do much.
However, System Restore does get rid of the issue. Even though the issue is gone, it's only temporary, where probably 1 out of 7 boot ups (guessing) i get this error again. System Restore doesn't really take too long so I didn't mind doing it the first 5 times, but it's just ridiculous now. I've also "attempted" to go into the services but I have no idea what should be changed in order to stop this. I may end up just System Restoring soon, so I just want a few opinions.

Anyone know of the fix?

Thanks, much appreciated.

Edit: I switched over to Win8, I was getting frustrated since System Restore wasn't working.

Motherboard:Asus M5A99X EVO|| CPU: AMD FX-6100 4.6Ghz|| Graphics Card: PNY GTX 560|| Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB || SSD: 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120GB || HDD:WD Caviar Green 2TB|| CPU Cooling: H100 || Power Supply:Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650W || Case: NZXT Switch 810 || Monitor(s):Samsung 23" HP 23"|| Keyboard:K90 || Mouse:M90