Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 14-09-19, 10:02 AM
News Guru

Gearbox plans to deliver a "final" DX12 implementation in future Borderlands 3 patch

This patch can't come soon enough...

Read more about Gearbox' plans to fix Borderlands 3's DirectX 12 issues.

Old 14-09-19, 10:26 AM

Really not surprised... I'm yet to see a game with a good DX12 Implementation they either work badly or they work less badly but still badly or in this case may not work at all.

DMC5 was bugging me a while back with cutscenes stuttering and auido sync problems while the game itself ran stuck at 60fps cap, turns out I needed to edit a ini file to make it run in DX11.

I don't know what's going on with developers that think they can ditch the "DX12 May be worse" message when players try to enable it. Worse yet is not even giving us the option, requiring hacks to fix it...

I'm starting to think DX12 Will be DX10 all over again and we will end up moving to the next DX version before any game can really be developed to actually take advantage of the tech.
Old 14-09-19, 11:51 AM
OC3D Elite

This game is amazing.

5 hours in now and it's excellent. At first you don't notice how lovely it looks, then when the combat gets rocking you start noticing the new explosions, light shows and etc.

God it's good.

Old 14-09-19, 02:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Borderlands is a good series, I'll be buying this as soon as the prices come back down to reality, DX12 issues or not. As long as ONE mode works, I don't care.

Old 14-09-19, 07:21 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
This game is amazing.

5 hours in now and it's excellent. At first you don't notice how lovely it looks, then when the combat gets rocking you start noticing the new explosions, light shows and etc.

God it's good.
Finally an unbiased opinion; I have been hearing a lot a lot about bugs and stuff, how is your experience? Because of all the controversy I don't really trust anything out there so I value the people here.
Old 14-09-19, 07:31 PM
OC3D Elite

In another thread I asked about bugs and then read this one. So, six years and it's a mess upon release then?

Old 14-09-19, 07:41 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheF34RChannel View Post
In another thread I asked about bugs and then read this one. So, six years and it's a mess upon release then?
It's perfect on the 1x. I looked around for info on cloud saves in Epic and couldn't get it confirmed so I got it for console. If I'm limited to one machine I may as well be on the couch.

Don't be fooled by the Epic haters and whiners, this is a top class game. The only thing I don't like is how the vehicle handling works. I am getting better at that, though.

But yeah, stunning game. The detail is phenomenal. Like, my buddy has this heat seeking missile launcher that when fired sounds like the space ship passing in space invaders.

I have a neon gun that fires electric balls that glow and explode...

More than all it's exactly what BL 3 should be. It's not been ruined like Fallout 4 when compared to needless tat added on that ruins the experience. On the contrary they've listened and fixed the main gripe - the weapons. And boy have they fixed it.

I've looked at loads of reviews and they are silly. Like most are just hating on Epic (simples, use a console) and some were whining that Handsome Jack has been replaced. He's dead,ffs.

But yeah as for the Epic thing. People need to open their minds and not limit themselves to one platform.

It's a stunning game and people are only hurting themselves and robbing themselves of fun by not playing it.

Sick of all the martyrdom around these days.

Old 14-09-19, 08:26 PM
OC3D Elite

@AlienALX thanks for your elaborate response and insights. I didn't realise you're on console for this one. I'm limited to PC - by choice and that's another matter altogether and includes my being an sob with a controller. The number of, reportedly, PC bugs still has me worried then.

Oh, what character did you pick? Initially I wanted to go with FL4K but since everyone seems to be doing that I waned off of the idea and may opt for either Moze or Zane.

There're so many interesting weapons and gear in 3 and I've always like the series for blue's, purples often being more useful than yellows. And their skill trees are works of art.

Old 14-09-19, 08:31 PM
OC3D Elite

I did some reading and I chose the girl with the mech suit. Mostly because my buddy can hop aboard. He chose the guy with the skag pet dogs which have been very helpful.

Yeah, it's quite hard on the controller. I'm getting older though so can't handle long gaming sessions on the PC any more. Mind you how can you complete with a half decent 65" TV?

Old 14-09-19, 08:41 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I did some reading and I chose the girl with the mech suit. Mostly because my buddy can hop aboard. He chose the guy with the skag pet dogs which have been very helpful.

Yeah, it's quite hard on the controller. I'm getting older though so can't handle long gaming sessions on the PC any more. Mind you how can you complete with a half decent 65" TV?
That'd be Moze and FL4K, respectively. I only omit Amara because of the melee (never a fan) focus and played the siren last in 2. Zane is my #1 for now because two action skills... Yes please!

Ha ha your TV is bigger than mine so I get you!