Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 08-07-19, 08:54 PM
News Guru

One third of Cyberpunk 2077's PC digital pre-orders have been on GOG

Not bad, given Steam's marketplace dominance.

Read more about Cyberpunk 2077's GOG pre-orders.

Old 08-07-19, 09:04 PM
AMD Enthusiast

It's only because it's CDPR making the game tbh. Everybody worships them. Nobody else could get the people to rally to them this way.
Old 08-07-19, 10:38 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
It's only because it's CDPR making the game tbh. Everybody worships them. Nobody else could get the people to rally to them this way.

No its because gog sells DRM free copy's.
Old 09-07-19, 04:22 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Not even that is worth mentioning. Witcher 3 sold far far more on Steam even when GOG was around. It's simply because it's CDPR and the Witcher 3 put them on the map basically for many people. I'm not bashing on them, CDPR is my favorite company and they made my favorite game of all time. I'm just not a blind fanboy.
Old 09-07-19, 07:36 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Not even that is worth mentioning. Witcher 3 sold far far more on Steam even when GOG was around. It's simply because it's CDPR and the Witcher 3 put them on the map basically for many people. I'm not bashing on them, CDPR is my favorite company and they made my favorite game of all time. I'm just not a blind fanboy.
You are a clear Witcher fanboy though

Book 1, page 10, line 5 word 6... I bet you know the answer haha

I love CDPR. If all companies were like them, the gaming community would thrive so much better.
Old 09-07-19, 02:35 PM
AMD Enthusiast

No idea what the answer is. Like I said the only reason this has worked is because of the W3 and it put them in the map. It's the only reason people God forbid used a 2nd launcher that wasn't steam and didn't complain about it.

They play marketing very well. They don't do anything until some controversy comes up or they will take a known gamer per peeve and not do it. It's worker out for them. Very smart tbh. Plus they make good games so they can deliver on their promises.
Old 09-07-19, 03:08 PM
OC3D Elite

Plus they've already got the vast majority of their initial income for CP2077 from government funding, $7m in grants from the Polish government to make this game vs the $2m sales revenues(~$1m profit) since Witcher 3. State funding of art allows the removal of consideration of "investment vs reward" that so often hinders art like this while ensuring they aren't rushing to meet deadlines to please shareholders. The goals of the grant were for "research into seamless multiplayer, cinematic feel, animation excellence and city creation, with the latter focusing on "cities of great scale based on the principles of artificial intelligence and automation."" GOG are also a major beneficiary of Polish govt. grants in order to develope their cross platform multiplayer systems.
Old 09-07-19, 06:48 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Plus they've already got the vast majority of their initial income for CP2077 from government funding, $7m in grants from the Polish government to make this game vs the $2m sales revenues(~$1m profit) since Witcher 3. State funding of art allows the removal of consideration of "investment vs reward" that so often hinders art like this while ensuring they aren't rushing to meet deadlines to please shareholders. The goals of the grant were for "research into seamless multiplayer, cinematic feel, animation excellence and city creation, with the latter focusing on "cities of great scale based on the principles of artificial intelligence and automation."" GOG are also a major beneficiary of Polish govt. grants in order to develope their cross platform multiplayer systems.

I think we can all agree that when developers are allowed to explore their art without the hinderance of those who ONLY care about the money i.e. rockstar, classic blizzard, CDPR. We get better games for it. I literally don't have one friend who wouldn't rather wait for a game to be ready rather than see it released on time but not ready