Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Mainboard & CPU

Old 19-10-13, 07:39 PM

Smile Broadwell/Skylake

Intel is releasing Broadwell and Skylake chips this 2014. Skylake being the proper successor to the powerful 4th gen Haswell chips. But it looks like Broadwell is coming out first as more of a Mach-2 Haswell (4 1/2 gen)? *Insert question marks here...* Intel might be really upping there game. All I can say is I am looking forward to Q3 of 2014! P.S, Skylake will use a 14 nm process!

-Charlie
Old 19-10-13, 08:40 PM
OC3D Elite

I wouldn't get your hopes up, Intel announced last week they are delaying Broadwell. Apparently due to "production problems" but in my opinion they are doing same as they did with Ivy, they had no competition so they are delayed it to profit more off Haswell.

I can't wait until I finnally have a reason to upgrade from my 2500k though, Ivy and Haswell just were not worth it. If next gen games prove to take advantage of multithreading like they say they do I might grab a 2700k though.
NZXT Switch 810 - Ryzeny 3600 - Gigabyte X570 Gaming - 32GB Corsair Platinum SE - MSI Gaming 1070 - Crucial MX100 256GB SSD - Crucial MX500 500GB SSD - Samsung F3 1TB HDD - Corsair H100 - Corsair RM1000i SE - Asus VE247H

PC Audio: Asus Xonar STX - Sennheiser HD650.
Portable Audio: FiiO X3II - Audiofly AF140 - Etymotic ER4s - Fidue A83.
Old 19-10-13, 10:03 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Quote:
Originally Posted by SieB View Post
I wouldn't get your hopes up, Intel announced last week they are delaying Broadwell. Apparently due to "production problems" but in my opinion they are doing same as they did with Ivy, they had no competition so they are delayed it to profit more off Haswell.

I can't wait until I finnally have a reason to upgrade from my 2500k though, Ivy and Haswell just were not worth it. If next gen games prove to take advantage of multithreading like they say they do I might grab a 2700k though.
I'm in the same boat as you SieB. Just haven't felt the need to upgrade my 2500k, not that money permits at the moment anyway. I think for gaming I can stick with just upgrading my GPU for now and then be ok again for a year or so.

I am almost 100% sure though that my next cpu upgrade will be to an i7 though purely because games are actually starting to use the cores now
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero, Ryzen 3800X, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
Old 19-10-13, 10:48 PM

Thumbs up Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SieB View Post

I surely wont be keeping my hopes to high as I am looking more towards the Skylake product. Intel had reported that they delayed the Broadwell because it did not turn out to be as fast and efficient as they hoped (saw that coming lol) but that does show that they are taking more time to create a better product in general. However I do see where you are coming from and I mostly agree. My worry is that this "Broadwell chip" will turn out like Windows Vista. In the sense of it being the halfway marker towards Skylake.
Old 19-10-13, 08:58 PM
OC3D Elite

Thread moved - not sure why this was put in 'member reviews' for products that aren't out for another 6+ months?

Oh well!
Old 20-10-13, 03:44 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Broadwell seems like an expierment CPU. See what works and stuff before they start producing Skylake. Which is smart in the end.

Tags
broadwell, haswell, intel, microsoft, skylake