Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 22-04-17, 04:55 AM
Advanced Member

It is all good. AMD is rushing, Intel is rushing. Dropping prices. 50€, 100€ it doesn't matter. Any drop in prices is good. Something is happening and they are fighting for the market position. It is much better than it was for the last few years. Now you have a choice.

Old 22-04-17, 09:20 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Yes it would have. They should have given the companies more time. Whether it was giving them earlier access or delaying the launch.
I do however think Intel are responding earlier than normal since Ryzen surprised everybody.
I think I've must've missed out on a bit here... I knew that Ryzen would be good, but that it actually "surprised" everybody. How do you mean then?...

It's a real shame though that Ryzen and AM4 doesn't have ANY mITX motherboards, the smallest is mATX
Old 22-04-17, 09:47 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
I think I've must've missed out on a bit here... I knew that Ryzen would be good, but that it actually "surprised" everybody. How do you mean then?...

It's a real shame though that Ryzen and AM4 doesn't have ANY mITX motherboards, the smallest is mATX
Biostar has one on the way, may even be in shops already.
Old 23-04-17, 08:01 AM

Intel seems to have gone off on the path of appealing to the Buyer with more money than sense. The ones that have to keep up with the Jones. If I were Lisa Su talking to the Board of Directors I would tell them AMD has Intel singing like a canary it's time to squeeze them until they bust like grape ! I would respond to the announcement by announcing the Ryzen 3 for $ 99.95 . Have that chip using the same same socket (AM4) and Mobos as the other chips in the Ryzen Line. That way they can buy the cheap B350 Series Boards and get easy access for cheap. Twenty Four (24) months down the line AMD can initiate the next round by slashing the prices of the 1500X and 1700 to give that crowd cheap access to a big upgrade. It would really make sense for AMD to dump the non-performers in the Ryzen Line at that point. As to a 16 Core Chip by all means bring it forward but make sure it is ready to roll when it is announced. I don't see such a Chip having much appeal of use in the personal market. It is the type of chip used in High End Engineering Workstation Market. It will be cut on a larger die than the AM4 Series and will have it's own socket. Probably an AM5. The 16 Core Chip is the type of device that is not an extension of the rest of the Ryzen Line. It is its own device and should command Top Dollar. AMD should blow off Intel's announcement and focus on the bottom end of the Ryzen Line right now.