Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > MSI UK Forum

Old 06-01-15, 09:05 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via MSN to MSIRawZ Send a message via Skype™ to MSIRawZ
Black & White

Don’t these black & white motherboards look Krait…uhhh GREAT!

Last week we teased you a bit already, but this week we’re happy to officially let you know we will also be having a GTX 970 graphics card in black & white to match our Z97 and X99 Krait motherboards!

Old 06-01-15, 10:07 AM
OC3D Elite

WHAT MSI THINK I WANT

WHAT I ACTUALLY WANT

JR
Old 06-01-15, 10:24 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via MSN to MSIRawZ Send a message via Skype™ to MSIRawZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR23 View Post
WHAT MSI THINK I WANT

WHAT I ACTUALLY WANT

JR
1 DIMM slot? Ok
Old 06-01-15, 10:34 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSIRawZ View Post
1 DIMM slot? Ok
Pay attention X99 ITXPOWER, S2011-3, two DDR4 DIMM's, maybe quad SODIMM's. Leave off all the unnecessary audio, wifi, fan control, overclocky buttons and internal usb stuff that can be done externally and just smash out a simple uber high quality stupid power phase black and yellow tiny board. Systems are getting more and more portable and LN2 clockers are getting left behind.

Seriously though there better be some SFF XPOWER/MPOWER stuff going on deep inside MSI. Even if it is Z97 I guess but I was really hoping for an Octacore.

JR
Old 06-01-15, 11:12 AM
OC3D Elite

They look okay. But you put a red button on the board!

What colour will the audio trail be? These small things are what bug me atm on my own rig, little colours here and there just put everything off.
Old 06-01-15, 11:29 AM
OC3D Elite

I'm preeeetty sure we won't get ITX X99 boards. Didn't get them on X79 either. I suspect it's because the socket is so big that you can barely fit other components on the board. What about a Z97 Mpower ITX then JR?

@Shaun, the red thing is the USB 3 connector? I agree it's a bit stupid they decided to make that red when it's normally black anyway, but at least you won't see it when it's plugged in

I do like me some black and white, must be why my build is all black and white. That 970 would not look bad in it...

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 06-01-15, 11:36 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
I'm preeeetty sure we won't get ITX X99 boards. Didn't get them on X79 either. I suspect it's because the socket is so big that you can barely fit other components on the board. What about a Z97 Mpower ITX then JR?

@Shaun, the red thing is the USB 3 connector? I agree it's a bit stupid they decided to make that red when it's normally black anyway, but at least you won't see it when it's plugged in

I do like me some black and white, must be why my build is all black and white. That 970 would not look bad in it...
Oh I never noticed that! Whoops, but yeah black or white would of been better as for a start we know Tom cuts all his front I/O cables out, so the red will be on show for him.
Old 06-01-15, 11:48 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
It is a big socket, but I think with the amount of extra stuff boards (even ITX boards) have which you could sort of leave off. Especially if you had a riser board for the power circuitry it could definitely be done if somebody really really wanted to. I think Z97 would probably make a better proposition right now, I was just factoring in MSI's development time, they don't want to be left behind with it when the socket changes, X99 already has DDR4 so it makes a lot of sense

I really do think there needs to be some MPOWER/XPOWER presence in an mATX/DTX/ITX package and the focus should be on quality and over-clocking (not necessarily easy button poop, just good power delivery and a sorted BIOS). Also no ugly silver WiFi modules FFS...

XPower X99 AC team one Friday afternoon

MSI Dev1: Ooh lets do an IO cover so it looks smart and black...
MSI Dev2: Great idea pal but we want to put a wifi module there...
MSI Dave: Just cut a hole in it then lads
MSI Dev1: Really?
MSI Dev2: I think the WiFi module is silver, should we paint it black to fit in with the cover
MSI Dave: Don't bother buddy, paint is expensive and this board costs enough as it is
MSI Dev1: Really? Oh screw you guys i'm going to the Krait team.

Short story, find MSI Dave and fire him. Give MSI Dev1 a raise and put him in charge of the SFF XPower project. (don't BS me RawZ this happened didn't it?)

JR
Old 06-01-15, 12:19 PM
OC3D Elite

Haha JR, I didn't see that coming .

Anyway, those boards look lush, if I was on the market for an X99 board then this would likely be it. I actually prefer this board over the Asus X99 Deluxe board based on looks, this is more refined and more elegant imo (other than the red USB3.0 connector).
Samsung Evo 250GB | 1TB Hitachi HDD