Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Serious Discussion

Old 30-12-17, 07:20 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Well this year I want to get a good head start on getting nice and cut for summer, Doing 40 minutes on my stationary bike in the morning as soon as I get up and 20 in the evening after work and training, Altogether doing roughly 104 miles per week with decent resistance, Need a new seat though, My ass has no padding so it is REALLY saw at the end of the cycle.

Should be around 200 pounds when I get super lean
Get working on them glutes then!

I hope your not one of these light bulb body builders who have big upper chest and tiny legs

Old 30-12-17, 07:22 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Wish I could even hit 200 pounds lol
I aim for 185. I got a long way to go though. I was about 170 but got sick for about 2 week around Thanksgiving so I dropped down to 160. It took me 8 months to go from 160 to 170 yet only 14 days to lose it all. Kinda don't want to even try again
You can't lose 10 pounds of muscle mass in 2 weeks, What you lost was likely a few pounds of muscle, Fat and water weight.

Any muscle you lost is easily put back on as the base is already there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Get working on them glutes then!

I hope your not one of these light bulb body builders who have big upper chest and tiny legs
Luckily I have naturally big legs, I train my legs once per week for around an hour, They grow quick so I don't go stupid heavy on them but just enough to stay in proportion to my upper body

By "my ass has no padding" I mean it has very little bodyfat, I could crack a walnut with this thing
Battle.Net: Dicehunter#2746
Old 30-12-17, 08:33 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
You can't lose 10 pounds of muscle mass in 2 weeks, What you lost was likely a few pounds of muscle, Fat and water weight.

Any muscle you lost is easily put back on as the base is already there.
You'd be surprised how quickly your body can lose muscle. You start to lose strength in 2 weeks if you stopped working out(that is you completely stop and don't do any strength training).

But yes I did lose quite a bit of muscle because doing my previous workouts is considerably harder even now that I am fully recovered. I am almost back to my previous sick workouts though since as you said it's easier to regain muscle than to build it up.
Old 31-12-17, 05:45 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
You'd be surprised how quickly your body can lose muscle. You start to lose strength in 2 weeks if you stopped working out(that is you completely stop and don't do any strength training).

But yes I did lose quite a bit of muscle because doing my previous workouts is considerably harder even now that I am fully recovered. I am almost back to my previous sick workouts though since as you said it's easier to regain muscle than to build it up.
I don't doubt you really did but you must have been seriously ill, Last time I lost considerable muscle mass was when I was in hospital for 4 weeks and didn't move and was only on a drip, Pancreatitis and a necrotic gallbladder FTW
Battle.Net: Dicehunter#2746