Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 31-05-18, 01:53 PM
OC3D Crew

Toshiba X300 5TB HDD. I had to sell my last high capacity HDD last year when my car went bang. I’ve been slumming it with whatever I can find regarding mass storage as my focus has been on getting the family laptop, HTPC and my gaming rig tooled up with SSD boot drives.

I’m one of those people that likes to have the vast majority of my gaming library available at a moment’s notice. I don’t know if it’s because I grew up on consoles and so had every game I owned to hand instantly, or I’m just so used to game sizes expanding faster than my download speeds can keep up. Either way I find it very frustrating when I have a “don’t know what to play” moment and realise that to download some of the options will take anywhere from six hours to three days depending on the game and how heavily I’m having to throttle it to make sure the rest of the house can still use the internet. I’m cheekily getting this shipped to work where we have a dedicated line which will probably allow me to set my downloads running tomorrow leave it over the weekend, and have my entire Windows library ready to take home on Monday.

The plan is start dual-booting Linux so I’ll probably use ~4TB for my Windows library and the other ~1TB for Linux games. That should leave plenty of room to accommodate more games as I buy them over the next few years. I’ll buy a 1TB SSD at some point as well which will take the pressure off having to get any more mass storage solutions too soon.

Old 31-05-18, 01:54 PM
OC3D Crew

The whole thing about my Pi TV going bad recently has inspired me to totally finish it

Old 31-05-18, 01:57 PM
OC3D Elite

£60 or thereabouts one of the Blueshifts I won in their facebook compo
@Warchild premium juices have just that a premium but if you look about DIY makes sense theres 1.5 litres of e-juice there for £60 this will last me months without buying anymore

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 31-05-18, 02:17 PM
The Guvnor

Some of this was my most recent purchase, the main thing is though I needed to sort it all out.....

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 31-05-18, 02:20 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Some of this was my most recent purchase, the main thing is though I needed to sort it all out.....

Nice collection of hair product you have there
Old 31-05-18, 03:19 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Without going into a heated debate. This is what SPS and I were trying to emphasise. In public, something like this that you love, wouldnt be pleasant for others.

On average though, How much do these flavours cost someone per month? They seem pretty expensive and dont last that long from the sound of it.
And I could completely understand that. However, farts smell, body odour smells and so on. I have a very keen sense of smell being autistic and I have had to suffer many a pong because of some one else.

For me to vape these juices I spend about £13 a week total. That includes the half bottle of vape (doing about 50ml a week now) and the nicotine (about £1 per shot perhaps?) and everything else (coils, syringes etc).

At one point my ex and I were buying a pack of Superking Black each per day (about £9 a pack) and then running out around 7pm and falling back onto a pack of tobacco. I would roll us extra cigs.. Another £5 or so.

So yeah, it's deffo better than smoking and a crap load cheaper too ! This is why for the most part I have never bothered making my own liquid or doing the research ETC. If I can afford something and not be poor because of it* then why bother? I mean, these are the best liquids you can get tbh. They're imported from the USA too.

But at £13 a week when it used to be about that much per day? yeah you can see why I haven't bothered.

*When I used to smoke I was poor. All day, every day. I had about £20 a week to spend on PC repairs if I needed them. Smoking is a habit that will cost you a good chunk of your cash. Even if you have a good job the cost is ridiculous.

I mean, FFS, my aunt and uncle used to smoke 40 a day each. So that is what? about £19 each (so £38) times 7 days is £266 a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
The whole thing about my Pi TV going bad recently has inspired me to totally finish it

Ooo ! I had forgotten about that yay.

Old 31-05-18, 03:47 PM

Quote:

swear by auto finesses wheel cleaner, all smells great too.

bought this a few years ago when i got into cleaning cars, bit of a jokey product but its bang on really.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index....productId=1086
Old 31-05-18, 03:50 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:

Are those foam cannons on the far right middle shelf ?

Washed my cousins hubbies beamer a few weeks back and then had some fun with with the foam cannon, I had way too much fun with it
Battle.Net: Dicehunter#2746
Old 31-05-18, 04:56 PM
OC3D Elite

Wow, you love cars huh?

Old 31-05-18, 09:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

all of them teenage years in ''alone time'' finally gona pay of be buffing n waxin that motor without breaking a sweat

nice selection tho