Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Software Section > Games
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-04, 08:34 AM
OC3D Crew

Hey guys, me and my older business partner are entering into a new venture, its going to be called adrenaLAN, its basically gonna be a LAN event that will happen every so often up in manchester, we have a air conditioned venue sorted thats air conditioned etc, there will be a bar selling cheap fosters, soft drinks, crisps etc, and there is a local Pizza/Indian/Chinese.

To get the comunity going we just layed out some money for a games server, not the highest of specs but it should be good none the less (Dual MP 2400, 2Gb Ram etc etc) its gonna be located in Redbus III which has 20gbit of external bandwidth capacity

On the online server (which is how we hope to build the majority of the comunity) we'll be playing various games, BF1942/BF 'nam/Jedi Knight/Doom3/CS/SOF2 etc

Will anyone here be interested? would be nice to see some friendly faces in the community, also if it does take off properly will any of you be able to make it to manchester for the event?

I will update you when the website is up (DNS being sorted atm)

Thanks for your time!

Tempoary bug testing URL: www.adrenelan.org.uk

Old 05-09-04, 11:54 AM

My next business venture

Manchester is a hell of a trek, but if there are enough people and its normal 3-4 days long then I might be interested.
Old 05-09-04, 12:40 PM

i'm always up for a good lan, machester is only a short drive over the penines for me. speaking from previous experience you'll have problems getting lazy gamers to lans these day, with th advent of broadband you can get good ping at home and the appeal isn't as great anymore. bf-dc is my main game but i'll play bf-vanila or nam. and i'd play in the server.
Old 05-09-04, 02:39 PM
OC3D Crew

thanks for your input baron, lets me know what im letting myself in for :P

the first LAN probably wont be till Jan, reason being is that it gives me enuff time to get setup and well established, the venue will house around 40-50 (want to start it off small to minimise the risk of loosing lots of investments)

probably the first LAN event will only be 1-3 days (will be confirmed nearer the time after ive had more input)

Ive just uploaded the first version of the site, it isnt complete yet, literally the index page, links arent set yet, its just to find any bugs and running issues:

www.adrenelan.org.uk

Opinions would be greatly appreciated, go easy tho guys :P
Old 05-09-04, 08:36 PM
OC3D Elite

Nice lookin page mate bit far away for me but very nice idea hope it does realy well for you guys
Old 06-09-04, 07:30 AM
OC3D Elite

I may be interested in this mate. The ol grandparents live up in manchester so wouldn't be too much of a prob it's just getting the PC up there .

The site looks great, only one thing is that the banner at the top is HUGE, seems to take up nearly half the screen (15" TFT 1024 by 768) but apart from that very nice.

Boardy

Benching - CPU's = E6600 & Q6600 G0 SLACR / Mobo's = P5B "Vanilla" (stock) & P5WDH-D (fully vModded) / RAM = 1Gb PC5300 Crucial Ballistix Tracers & 1Gb Team Xtreem PC6400 custom / HDD = 160Gb IDE Cudda

(highest rank ever: 25th at 05 Nov 2006 12:30, most hwboints ever: 127.6 points at 05 Nov 2006 12:30)
Old 07-09-04, 07:12 AM
OC3D Crew

yes the flash header is rather large im afraid

ive temporarily had to change the URL until some things are sorted, my plan is to transfer the website to my box when its installed as the current host (1and1) dont run PHP straight off of the domain.
Old 09-09-04, 08:34 AM
OC3D Crew

Well there was some data base syncing problems with the other site i was using (till i can transfer the DNS of my URL to my box at the data centre)

But as you can see now, content is rapidly being uploaded, aswell as some funcy custom coded scripts here and there :P
Old 09-09-04, 11:19 AM
nick25

if you changed cheap fosters to cheap stella then I'd be interested . Bit of a trek from Portsmouth though
Old 09-09-04, 11:37 AM
OC3D Crew

hehe i dont have full details on the bar yet, my partner is the one sorting the venue as hes the one that lives in manchester :P

Id be up for cheap stella over fosters tho :P