Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 11-06-10, 08:14 AM
OC3D Elite

Pll will just get mobile broadband. Down laod what they need off that and then Dump the Sim card afterwards. Simple as thet.

Who they gonna trace it to if you pay cash !

You cannot stop copy write infrigment and i can see Piggy backing , fake packets ect ect all starting become the norm with all the prog's that allows for this.

They are fighing a loosing war beauce the more they push the better Tech is deved to stop ppl from being caught. How about using that money to get people off the streets and help the disabled instead maybe then they can pat them self on the back afterwards and say they done a good deed for the years ...

Old 12-06-10, 02:53 PM
OC3D Elite

As mayhem says, as soon as the 3G/4G networks get better (and replace the aging copper layout that BT have), more people will be using untraceable, disposable sims. Until that point, anyone with any idea of what they are doing (i.e. the people probably doing most pirating) will hop on VPNs and tunnel their way through.

After that there are all sorts of data encryption services and anonymizers will flourish. In the end they will nail twelve year old kids downloading a single track or something, whilst pirates will continue to copy terabytes of data. Its like the UK's drug policy, nail people at the very bottom, because they are easy to catch, illegalise anything you can and then act surprised that people are selling kilos of coke with virtual impunity.

They are also going to have problems getting the fines out of people (I mean what if someone has 20,000 illegal tracks, and can't access £20mil?) I'd much prefer to see all the money that goes into this sort of fruitless venture go into catching real criminals, murderers and rapists and what not.

i9 7980XE 4.6GHz - EK Supreme EVO - Asus - X299-RVIE - 32GB 3677MHz RAM - 2 x 2080Ti EK Cu Block - Creative Titanium Pro - Tower - Samsung 970 Pro 512GB - Plextor 240GB PCIe SSD - 6TB HD - Dual Loop
Old 12-06-10, 03:29 PM
Advanced Member

That's precisely it and the problem is all the money will be wasted at a time when we really should not be wasting money.. but where did the advice come from on this policy? Movie and Music industry representatives who have held the (rather ludicrous) view that one pirated download = one lost sale and therefore getting rid of the pirates fixes the economy and their failing business model. I call BS.
Old 12-06-10, 07:51 PM
OC3D Elite

This will decrease the amount of piracy and illegal downloads for sure, which isn't a problem for me, but there is flaws in it ofc. I could easily get around 40 people accused of downloading illegal material without having to be near their home or wireless internet. I can pretend to be them and download data on their connection free of charge and have their speed. This costs me £0 and can be done for £20 for the price of a modem, there would be no way they could find out it was me.

But let's leave that for laters.
Old 16-06-10, 09:01 AM
Banned

hi

broadband play thie important life, in turn service provider gives the better service
Old 16-06-10, 09:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Youngie1337'
This will decrease the amount of piracy and illegal downloads for sure
But as I've mentioned there is no guarantee this will increase sales or help their financial situation, whereas the same money spent on a better (more independent and more fairly priced) digital distribution system definitely would. Fortunately for them the money for this system is not coming from them but the taxpayer themselves. We're paying to be accused.
Old 16-06-10, 09:33 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to alienware
I hardly download anything any more. In Jun 08 I lost a 500gb hard drive full up with crap and lost it all.

A lot of that crap was rips of stuff I own. For example, South Park. I own loads of box sets on DVD but I like having them in Media player as series of Divx. Instead of ripping it all myself I had downloaded it.

Any way, I decided to call the software companies bluff and started buying games, just to be legit. They keep whining about loss of sales (but never taking into account that a GOOD 60% of people who download their games would NEVER buy it because they are just leechers. They probably don't even install it, just acting on their habitual OCD). A large % of the rest wouldn't pay for it any way. I remember stopping by a website where they were openly downloading films and talking about it and one peanut said -

My download keeps stopping. Bastards, well I ain't paying for it.

It's the attitude.

Thing is, most of it is kids. And kids don't have any money.

So yeah, I buy 95% of my games now any way, nice to have a backup. Hilarity is of course I end up running a NODVD on them so I don't have to faff around putting the disc in. See also my genuine DVD and CD collection.

Recently I decided to replace all of my South Park DIVX so I grabbed seasons 1-13 and the rest of 14. As soon as I did I got an email from O2 and a phone call whining at me to cut down my usage.

The funny part? I am on a BT connection for O2. So I get crap speeds. I have had it since last October and for five months I was lucky to get 1mb. Seriously, it was that bad and worse. Some nights I would get about 0.23mb and couldn't even use Youtube. As soon as it finally did start working at around 4mb I do some catching up and they come moaning to me.

So much for unthrottled, no caps, no limit downloading for £27 a month for up to 6m.

Since then I have just been sitting here waiting for the contract to end. I got the best and their service has been the worst. As soon as the contract is up I will get the cheapeast crappiest broadband I can. No point in paying loads for Facebook and a few forums.
Old 16-06-10, 09:39 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to alienware
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Deshman'
But as I've mentioned there is no guarantee this will increase sales or help their financial situation, whereas the same money spent on a better (more independent and more fairly priced) digital distribution system definitely would. Fortunately for them the money for this system is not coming from them but the taxpayer themselves. We're paying to be accused.
It won't help their sales. That's a given. People will simply stop downloading the games.

People who are prepared to pay for things pay for things. People with the attitude that smacks of "I ain't paying for it" simply won't pay for it. They won't bother with it, either.

It's that old cliche. You are walking down the road and you see a pile of £20 notes. Of course you are going to pick them up. Some one offers you the same ammount in cash for shovelling pig crap? You'd be a bit more cautious of the money.

However the companies leading the assault (Activision and EA) can just bite my hairy bum. I am not going to buy their games because they are no longer games. They are money making devices designed by a corporate machine who care bugger all if the game is actually any good or not. See the latest C&C.

At the moment I will happily pay for titles from a few companies. Bethesda/Obsidian is one. I just hope they don't get all greedy and piggy and dissapear up their own bum like EA and Activision have.

My pre order of the New Vegas collector's edition went through tonight. $69.99 and then whatever to get it sent by Fedex. Considering that Fallout 3 was so good and I am still playing it nearly two years later (4th playthrough with all DLC active) then I consider that to be a complete bargain of a lifetime.