Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Serious Discussion
View Poll Results: Where does this thread belong?
Humour 2 20.00%
Serious discussion 5 50.00%
General off-topic 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-17, 09:14 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Sometimes I REALLY hate social media, It gives a voice to the truly uneducated.

A comment I noticed on an Irish page I'm subbed to and some eastern european woman is going around saying that the irish used to invade countries and destroy the world to spread their whiteness, Any educated person knows this is BS but the amount of people that agree with her is truly frightening.

The only thing the Irish have ever invaded is a pack of crisps after a pint of beer.

Old 09-11-17, 10:15 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post

A comment I noticed on an Irish page I'm subbed to and some eastern european woman is going around saying that the irish used to invade countries and destroy the world to spread their whiteness, Any educated person knows this is BS but the amount of people that agree with her is truly frightening.

The only thing the Irish have ever invaded is a pack of crisps after a pint of beer.
Ironically what the extremists SJW's forget is many Irish folk came to the US during the period before and during the US Civil War and there were more Irish "slaves" than black slaves in the whole country. That's about as far as an invasion they ever got.
Old 09-11-17, 10:58 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Ironically what the extremists SJW's forget is many Irish folk came to the US during the period before and during the US Civil War and there were more Irish "slaves" than black slaves in the whole country. That's about as far as an invasion they ever got.
I actually traced some very distant family to monserat that were sent to the west indies by cromwell's lot to pick cotton and do other manual labor work, Free of charge of course.

They look sort of native african but with native western european features and a thick Irish accent, It's awesome

All being well I'm going to visit them next summer
Old 10-11-17, 12:21 PM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post

She sounds delightful I should introduce her to my family and our history, we fled Scotland in the mid 1300's to serve the O'Rourke & O'Reilly's as Mercenaries (Gallowglasses).

"As a species we evolved with complex communication and sound reasoning, monkeys fling poop." ~ Me
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Old 10-11-17, 09:13 PM
OC3D Elite

Most minor FML ever. I was following snooker online from work, and Ronnie O' Sullivan was on the verge of getting his 900th century. He had 889 at the interval, so I was hoping to be able to get home from work in time to see #900, but I missed it. Stupid slow Hyundai!

Old 11-11-17, 11:42 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Most minor FML ever. I was following snooker online from work, and Ronnie O' Sullivan was on the verge of getting his 900th century. He had 889 at the interval, so I was hoping to be able to get home from work in time to see #900, but I missed it. Stupid slow Hyundai!
That actually sucks. I like a bit of snooker myself (very relaxing to watch) and knowing how long that has taken etc it could be a once only kinda deal.

I used to love snooker. It's a very hard game to play, though. They make it look very easy but when you are faced with that massive table and realise how tight the pockets are etc. Yeah, tough..

So my mini moan. Cold or something again. Had only been well for just over a week. Night before last my throat was really sore. Figured it was the old coil in my Ecig but felt a bit off when I went to bed. Yesterday I spent most of sneezing etc. Went to bed at 7pm, woke at 10am freezing but sweating etc. Had a bath coughed up some green crap etc.

*sigh*. Oh well, the good part is that when I am sick I have no urge to spend any money, so it's slowly accumulating lol. Might save up for something nice.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 11-11-17, 01:02 PM
OC3D Elite

Just got my monthly delivery of whey and useless yodel delivered, The feller rang the bell once and literally legged it, I caught up to him and his excuse was he was waiting ages, Funnily enough every house in this 6 flat block has built in CCTV door cameras for security which I have hooked up to a small 10 inch LCD next to my rig so I could see him ring and peg it.

He made an odd sound like muttley and then drove off after handing me my stuff.

Probably wanted to half inch it.
Old 17-11-17, 10:11 PM
OC3D Elite

I am stupid. Very, very stupid. I figured I would share my misfortune so that you guys could laugh at me (I'm dead good like that).

So last week I stripped a bear trap cage (from a bicycle pedal) with a Dremel wire brush attachment. Well it was actually a Black And Decker, but you get the picture. Slow but steady.. It takes about an hour all told to completely get it back to raw alu.

Any way the two I had wore down and so I bought 50 of them. I've been using them a lot lately to polish things etc. Any way, these new ones were not quite up to the same standard.

Now I had eye protection goggles on which were partially steamed up and no glasses. I could feel when they were dying and I went through 6 of them all told.

What I did not realise was that they were basically flying apart into single wire strands and I was absolutely covered from head to foot. It was only because I did not move for an hour that I did not notice. Of course as soon as I moved they lodged themselves into my clothes and my skin. No jokes, I actually had one on the things that sit below your old chap.

Very painful, and even after having a bath I still plucking them out of my legs.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 17-11-17, 10:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Doesn't mean you are stupid Alien it means they were made rubbish and the fact that you were concentrating on what you were doing, you didn't notice what was going on, don't beat yourself up over it dude and just remember it for next time
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=Asus X370 ROG Crosshair VI Hero=16gig 3200Mhz GSkill Trident RGB= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Creative Soundblaster ZXR=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE

Tags
fml