Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 13-08-17, 10:34 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah, that worries me too. Maybe that's why they're less focused on Vega X2 this time around since no one should have to use a 1200W PSU for 2-way GPU setups. It's likely that we'll be able to reduce the wattage and use Wattman to reduce power consumption, but it should not have to be necessary.

BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 13-08-17, 11:37 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Well we will find out tomorrow.... Like in 12 hours or so
Old 13-08-17, 11:45 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
FWIW I trust Tom more than pretty much any one else. It's rare that he makes mistakes, but when he does he is as upfront at admitting them as any one else. More so, in fact. I don't like it when these reviewers throw strops. That is what annoys me the most. TBH? I think it's more of an American thing, because they are raised on stuff like Jerry Springer so learn at a young age to "go nuclear" as soon as something annoys them.
As an American I have to sadly agree. The millennial generation over here are so entitled and spoiled that if something doesn't go their way, they throw a tantrum. Not to get political but that's what's spawned the ridiculous antifa group of terrorists over here. They're literally throwing a temper tantrum because their candidate didn't win.

I think there are still a few trust worthy US sites, HardOCP being one. I've been active there a while and I've seen them go at it with AMD, Nvidia and a few other brands. Kyle's last bout was with AMD about Vega last year and got all kinds of crap stirred up but looks like he was 100% right about it (hot, power hungry and slower than Nvidia). I also really like they abuse the crap out of their products they review like sticking a motherboard in an oven for a couple days while it runs Prime95. I kinda like that "over the top" kind of testing.

OC3D and [H] are really the only 2 sites that I'd consider my "go to" place to check a product before buying it. Hardware Canucks is another one that does very good reviews that I've been frequenting a while. Anand would also be up there but that's about it. The rest are all kinda 2nd tier IMO.
Old 14-08-17, 08:02 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post
As an American I have to sadly agree. The millennial generation over here are so entitled and spoiled that if something doesn't go their way, they throw a tantrum. Not to get political but that's what's spawned the ridiculous antifa group of terrorists over here. They're literally throwing a temper tantrum because their candidate didn't win.
While I agree with the millennials, I don't think it's really an American thing exclusively. I also believe it's not just the millennials, but the people prior who raised them or are currently doing so. (millennials are from ages 0/35 currently)
If you go to Texas for example, you'll find so many well mannered people/kids. They don't put up with your crap. Now you go to the popular states? Like CA/NY? Or really any liberal state, you'll find a bunch of pansies. EVERYWHERE. I haven't been to most states, in fact 45, but the ones I have been too(excluding Florida), were either Liberal or Republicans. And something interesting happens, all the red states, were so much better from a social standpoint. The blue ones... yep. Just yep.

IDK how this turned into Vega to spoiled millennials though.. lol

What is it, like 8 hours until Vega now? Let's focus on that
Old 14-08-17, 08:32 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post

What is it, like 8 hours until Vega now? Let's focus on that
Couldn't agree more! I'm sitting here now watching TTL videos (Fractal Celsius review currently) on coolers trying to piece together my next rig while waiting on Vega reviews.

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.815 ••• Asus Sabertooth 990FX rev 1••• Corsair H100
Corsair 500R ••• EVGA Supernova G2 750 ••• Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB x2 ••• MSI R9 290x Lightning
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB ••• BenQ XL2720Z
Logitech G710+ ••• Logitech G502
Old 14-08-17, 08:34 AM
OC3D Elite

I'm looking forward to a gallon of Tea and Vega RX56 and 64 reviews this afternoon personally I think the 56 will be the better buy

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla
Old 14-08-17, 01:22 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemac View Post
I'm looking forward to a gallon of Tea and Vega RX56 and 64 reviews this afternoon personally I think the 56 will be the better buy
I think you're right. Fury was the better buy last time as well, but only because of the locked PCB design and AIO of the Fury X. If the fully unlocked Fiji core was also available on air for $600 then I think it might have been more popular. We don't have that issue this time around, but even at a lower price of $500 for Vega 64, I think the value proposition and maybe its overclocking is what will give Vega 54 the most sales in the gaming sector.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 14-08-17, 01:28 PM
OC3D Elite

TBH I have already seen pre orders for the 1070 at around £330. That's for one of those mini ones too.

I can see an awful lot of 1080Tis selling today.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly